Sorcar - Procedural modeling in Blender using Node Editor

The file in the release might be outdated. It is from 21.06.2019. The 2.1 branch is up to date though.

bl_info = {
    "name": "Sorcar",
    "author": "Punya Aachman",
    "version": (2, 0, 5),
    "blender": (2, 79, 0),
    "location": "Node Editor",
    "description": "Create procedural meshes using Node Editor",
    "category": "Node"}

The file you are referring to must be from a different release.

Download the v2.1.0 instead of v2.0.5 for Blender 2.8.

The .rar is fine, the repo is working. But the Zip is outdated. Check it yourself.

1 Like

Got it, thanks! Updated the release

1 Like

Sorry, TLDR the whole thing,ā€¦is this something like ā€œeverything nodesā€?? Whatā€™s the difference?

TLDR? You can check the github:

Sorcar (formerly ProcGenMod) is a procedural modeling node-based system which utilises Blender and its Python API to create a visual programming environment for artists and developers. Heavily inspired by Side-FX Houdini, it presents a node editor with a variety of modular nodes to make the workflow easier and fast. Most of the nodes are blender internal operations (bpy.ops.mesh) which also makes it easier for frequent blender users to manipulate geometry. It helps the users to quickly create 3D models and control node parameters to generate limitless variations in a non-destructive manner. It also provides the users to view and edit mesh on any stage of the node network independently, with realtime updates.

OK :slight_smile: So is that like what ā€œeverything nodesā€ is gonna be, then? :slight_smile: Whatā€™s the difference?

Interesting plugin, just downloaded 2.1.0 from the release 1h ago, however installing from the zip file nothing to activate shows up in the preferences, and no new node editor in editor drop-down either. Am I missing something?

TBH, I have no idea how EN would come out to be like. Iā€™ve used the AnimationNodes before, and recently saw the experimental videos of ParticleNodes, but I canā€™t really say anything about EN. Sorcar is simply a node-based alternative to what you do in the 3D viewport. Most actions in Blender are operators with some inputs (or functions with some arguments) which can be added as nodes using this addon.

Probably because of the ā€œ.ā€ in folder name

Thank you for these! Been quite busy but will test in due time, including in 2.8. Thank you for developing so fast! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, though I donā€™t think that should be an issue in a release. :sweat_smile:

Wonder if itā€™s to do with how __name__ is read/registered?

Hopefully not, because most of the registration of classes depends on it.
Iā€™ll upload a .rar file again with a different folder name.

1 Like

The plugin seems to interfere with the shader editor panel at the top. Some functionality is lost and you cannot switch between object/world anymore.

3 Likes

Search through and if you canā€™t find, create a new issue on this in here:
https://github.com/aachman98/Sorcar/issues

This way @aachman98 can keep track of the issue.

1 Like

Great addon. Been switching between Sorcar, Sverchok and AN.

Under 2.80 RC2 I get the shader editor bugā€¦

Also seems to clash with Sverchok?

Another issue is selecting faces using index or manually seems to forget those settings, whereas normal selection seems stableā€¦

Otherwise this looks very promisingā€¦

Coming from vvvv, a purely node based system, (I am watching all node threads eagerly.

Good work.

1 Like

Hey - you a demoscener??

What are ā€œSverchokā€ and ā€œANā€? Are all of these free? Where do I get em?

Very nice and cool

Noā€¦not at a Demoscener, but always worked with realtime systems.

Sverchok procedural nodes system for animation and mesh creation, AN similar, you can find them free on github.

Until everything nodes ties everything together Sorcar is another missing linkā€¦

er whatā€™s the full form of ā€œANā€?

Animation Nodes

1 Like