Sorcar - Procedural modeling in Blender using Node Editor

A file named “node_deletion.py” in “…sorcar-v3-alpha-2/nodes/_base/
is apparently missing in your system. (I was able replicate this error just by manually deleting this file).

Re-install the addon, either manually or using blender prefs, so that the file is restored.
This is the original file: node_deletion.py (639 Bytes)

Thanks for trying out Sorcar! UV ops are up on my to-do list, but I don’t think you would want to unwrap UVs just using nodes. Even if it’s not the last step in your pipeline, auto-unwrapping can be not as effective.
Nonetheless, I’ll create nodes for them. If you intend to export models into other material painting softwares like Painter or Mari, then material IDs should be enough.

Thanks for fast answer!

I’m using Sorcar to create roads with sidewalks and curbs, just as a background to main building. Doing them manualy was a real pain, and proper UVs aren’t as important there. I am really glad I’ve found this addon, great work!

2 Likes

Would be interesting to see your setup. I have been trying something similar

1 Like

Amazing stuff!

1 Like

That was totally bizarre, because I just copied the zip contents. In any case your solution worked. Thanks for that.

V3 Alpha2, the random selection does not work if it is plugged to an input object as the next node in the chain. However it seems to work if I do some operations on the input object then plug the random selection node.

1 Like

Is it possible that you were trying to select components randomly? Because by default, all the components are already selected…

I see. I guess in that case it makes sense why it works down in the road but not in the beginning. Although it would be nice if this is streamlined in the sense that Select random actually does random selection, since if it is the second node right after an input mesh, it needs to function as random deselect in a sense. In any case this is a minor issue I guess.

Is there a way to add selections? In other words, to select two Vertex groups or materials at once?

Hey aachman it’s very exciting to see this add-on on 2.8! good work !!,

I can’t find the input mesh node I think this node is gold for applying procedural operations to manual modeled parts :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am guessing that it is not implemented for 2.80 yet.

I just discovered this addon and I have no words. I mean… Wow! AMAZING. Good job dude! This should be in Blender by default. It feels like a new program!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s already implemented. I’ll test it along with the UV nodes before the next release.

Hey! Glad to know you tried out the new version
I did implement a “custom mesh” node in earlier version, but all it used to do was to duplicate the referenced/input mesh and perform operations on that rather than the original mesh. So, I’ve got rid of the node because “Duplicate Object” node is already implemented and tested. Will be available in the next update.

Was…
not anymore :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for Your answer, next version sound dope! Is there a way to support You further?

I come here from the everything nodes thread. Didn’t know this existed, to my surprise, v3 beta got released today and I just tested it. It closed a lot in a short amount of time sure, but damm, this is so powerful!

My only two complaints: Setting the pivot is quite unclear. Also nodes that use vectors have the x y and z options in one row, so when using the properties panel (or in the node itself with ctrl+H) you have to make it quite big to see the decimals.

Another update out:

• New “Set Transform” node
  • All object operation nodes
  • Array socket bug fixes
  • “Random” option in constant nodes
  • Tested and included the remaining nodes (assignment & selection of materials/vertex-groups)
  • Updated settings node

Download it from here: https://github.com/aachman98/Sorcar/releases/download/v3-beta/sorcar-v3-beta.zip

Sorry for the versioning, it’s a mess… :see_no_evil:
Since I’m the only developer (yet), naming the release “alpha” doesn’t make much sense. Regardless, this is the final pre-release as it contains every node from earlier versions except curves and flow control nodes. Loop nodes are now implemented, but I’ll be testing them for bugs this week.

Thanks for the offer! I really appreciate you considering to support me, but there isn’t a way yet. Unless there is need for this project in the future, I don’t think investing in it would be a good option. Last I remember, Everything Nodes is set to release with Blender 2.82 which may provide a better solution to procedural generation techniques. For now, the best way to support me is to keep finding all those annoying little bugs! (or maybe tutorials/how-to videos :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

9 Likes

Thanks for trying out Sorcar!

“Origin” node under “Object Operations” category is probably what you are looking for. You can also change the cursor transform.
EDIT:

I’ll add it to the issues. Vertical layout of the axes would do the trick.
EDIT2:

1 Like

Hi,
First of all - great plugin! Thank you for your hard work. It could really speed up the workflow in some cases. Im definitely interested in and watching this thread. Basically thats the way the everything nodes should look like in my opinion.

I have a question, is it possible to add “any object” picked from the scene? Something like “import FBX” but just picked existing object from the scene. It could be good to have the access to any object (for example half modeled) and use it for further procedural modifiacions inside Sorcar.

Also Im wondering how to do for example: array of objects, all following the path and add some additional random position to each of the arrayed objects. It could be a Blender limitation so the whole array is treated like a single objects, with no possibility to modify the particular clones. Mayby there is some workaround or different approach but Im form 3ds max background and don`t know blender that well.

Anyway thanks for this plugin. In my opinion it would be good that Everything Nodes can merge somehow with your plugin or at least complement each other, as Sorcar has really nice and intuitive workflow.

aachman98
Thank you for the release. However, an error occurred when executing the add-on with 2.8win10.

Works fine with Blender 2.82 Daily build Alpha :grinning: can you try this

1 Like

basic idea with Sorcar & Sverchok :grinning:

2 Likes