Sorcar - Procedural modeling in Blender using Node Editor

Hi, Is there anyway to share or export a custom node setup (i.e. saving it as custom templates/presets or similar sorts) ?

you need to use Node Boolean Operation first then link this in condition in the if-else node.

Well this is a wonderful add-on, thank you for the amazing work.
It would be amazing if you could add an option to export the python script,or at least the operations with the variables

Another test with Sorcar

2 Likes

trying to build something but i found a bug as soon i try bevel on the last node… .

this bug doesnt show up in 2.83.4 but in latest 2.91 T____T

I have created a pull request which fixed the bevel for blender 2.9
Need to wait for aachman98 to merge it
If you can’t wait, you can use my fork at the moment
https://github.com/mic-code/Sorcar/archive/all.zip

1 Like

aachman98 wait the stable version of blender for fixed the api change.

What’s the proper way to organize sorcar model?
For example if I make a component in one blender file. (eg. wheel)
And I want to reference that component in another blender file. (eg. car)
If I use the normal blender way to link that component to the car file, and I change the wheel afterward, wouldn’t that break that link because sorcar destroy the original object and recreate it.

I know sorcar have sub graph which work for this case(wheel and car), but what if we have multiple car that use the same wheel, what’s the proper way to make everything not break when something changes?

you need start with different “create object node” nad use node group for other operation. the rule is one page one objects or you can use duplicate objects if you want different object.

Just did some experiment, turns out you can just link the node graph from another file.
You can make changes in the source file, and reload the link in the user file.

But need to remember to author the graph in the source file as node group.
Then you can use the node group node to reference the linked graph.

This is awesome, I can keep everything nice and clean.
One component per file, then only link the needed components and assemble them like LEGO

@Michael_Yuen thanks much i use it now. but i see another bug actually many . or i doign something wrong. in this case i really dont understand why proportional editing doesnt work…

what does it mean if nodes are colorless ?

Anyone else getting an error with the Quadriflow node? I love that it’s in there - integrating it with a node-based workflow is exactly what I had been crossing my fingers for with some future release of everything nodes but now we don’t have to wait! The error messages above are from 2.9 (top) and 2.83 (bottom).

And let me just say I’m really glad that Houdini logic is being studied for further implementation of visual programming tools in Blender - one of several exemplars but really worth learning from. I adore the Everything Nodes project but in open source work, we really ought to celebrate the range of ideation that comes from multiple approaches. Even though these projects have slightly different goals, I think the work that Sorcar is developing should be of use to the teams (present and future) that develop continued integration of visual programming tool sets in Blender.

Many thanks to Punya and the team!

I’m still really confused about how to use Sorcar to produce multiple objects. I’ve tried searching this thread and elsewhere, but can’t find anything solid. Can you post the scripts you used in your example?

I get the error with Quadriflow remesh too. Both in 2.83 and 2.85.

Really loving this addon and barely even scratched the surface though.

I figured out how to get the current frame to drive generating multiple objects, but how can we make Blender stop playing the animation? Blender is great, but seriously, it doesn’t have the option to ‘disable loop playback’, seeeeeriously.

I couldn’t figure out how to just use a for loop to create multiple objects though. I can make it generate either the expected first or last object, but not the whole batch. Does anyone have an example node setup for that?

Will this be updated for Blender 2.90? It’s very broken, otherwise. In any case, thank you for creating a masterpiece, aachman!

@aachman98 awesome addon.
there is any possibility to merge two selections from different method of selection. or merge them into a vertex group?

I am getting an error when adding bevel. I am using 3.2.0 with B2.90 on Win.

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\sorcar\operators\ScExecuteNode.py", line 19, in execute
    curr_tree.execute_node()
  File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\sorcar\tree\ScNodeTree.py", line 58, in execute_node
    if (not n.execute()):
  File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\sorcar\nodes\_base\node_base.py", line 56, in execute
    self.functionality()
  File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\sorcar\nodes\component_operators\ScBevel.py", line 78, in functionality
    spread = self.inputs["Spread"].default_value
  File "C:\BLENDER_RELEASE\2.90\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword "vertex_only" unrecognized