Soulcat - A Star Wars'ish design

Thought I’d start a fresh thread for this craft since I’m apparently out of the rut I’d been in with it.
She’s a 40 meter long exploration and survey ship designed with both Nubian and Mon Calamari traits in mind.
Max crew compliment is two + a droid.
Three blasters, two forward and one above the rear cargo exit and more sensors (the domes and the things mounted on the ends of the ‘wings’) than a probe droids most ambitious dreams.
It was inspired by Adam Kop’s Mon-Cal Gunboat, but obviously I’m running in a slightly different, more organic (read based on a pelicans head), direction.

I’m really very happy with the overall shape and at least a few of the hull-plate decisions, however I’m unsure as to what to do with the plates on the top. The high-poly nature of its curves makes splitting it up rather… annoying.
Also content with the cockpit shapes, just not sure how to split the console up into sections yet. Need to study up on Fiction User Interfaces.
The interior is… well, meh.

Attachments

1 Like

Moar! Always Moar!

Attachments

(Can I just say that I really don’t enjoy the upload limits or the fact that Imgur IMG codes almost always go wonky here).

Attachments

Aaaand obligatory rusty crates pic.

Attachments