Are you using creator 2.23?
(I have problems with it)…
For myslef sound works best in the (2.25) plugin.
Well, anyways, your sound should be PCM mono, as far as the bitrate it doesn’t seem to manner. If you use stereo sounds it will not be possible to do the 3d ‘location’ effect…
Blender supports Mp3? I doubt it, especially considering that now the royalties are applied to EVERYTHING, even players. I think somebody had a script for it though.
Conversion, using sndrec32.exe (in windows directory, or windows/system32, or accessories in start menu, or a possible subdirectory of the previous)
- Open your .wav file
- go to file, and choose Properties
- Click the convert now button (you will set the conversion settings next)
- Set the format to PCM
- Set the Attributes how you would like (Higher bitrates ex. 41.000khz, and higher samples 16bit sounds better, but is much larger, for onine games go as low as you can with ‘acceptable’ quality. You will have to give up some if you want a small file)
- Click Ok (to exit conversion dialog)
- CLick Ok (to exit properties dialog)
The file is now converted, and you can hear what it sounds like by pressing play.
- Go File, “Save as,” and save as a NEW file. (or you can overwrite the existing one, but I suggest you don’t do that)
too simple, just lots a steps