Sound output?

Hi there. If anyone can help me that would be great. I have made a small animation with a sound file included in the sequencer. When I play back the file in media player (win XP) i don’t get any sound… Here is the grab of my setup. As I said… during playback in Blender (Alt-a) I get the sound playing back perfectly. But after rendering an animation there is no sound… :frowning:

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Man… I feel like a real nooooooooooooB. I am the uber Noober.

Forgot to hit the “do sequence” button. Thank for anyone that potentially wanted to visit this thread. I know you would’ve helped…no really. :wink:

I don’t know if Blender can render animations with sound included. I am pretty sure it cannot! So, you’ll have to add it in external app (virtualdub works great and it is free)

ristesekuloski: Actually I wasn’t sure myself. But it seems that one has to render out the whole animation without sound to jpg’s or whatever format you like. Then import all those as a image strip in the sequence editor. I used this also to test whether my sound files all line up nicely. Then hit the “do sequence” button and voila! an animation with sound!

I also only found it out just now. But it seems to work okay. I even did a ffmpeg anim with it so I guess it works :slight_smile:

I think it can’t “render and add sound”. but as long as the sequence editor doesn’t have to render, it seems to add sound just fine

I don’t know if Blender can render animations with sound included. I am pretty sure it cannot! So, you’ll have to add it in external app (virtualdub works great and it is free)

even if ffmpeg is used? how about the “multiplex audio” button? you know what it does? ain’t it supposed to render the sound with the video? thanks!

You’re guess is as good as mine… I think i’ll give it a try. For now what worked for me is to render the animation out first and then combine it with the sound in the SE (sequence Editor)… a bit of a workaround until I find a smooth method…

I have no idea what the multiplex button is for. As far as I understand from the tooltip it mixes the audio with the video, but this didn’t seem to work when I rendered it the first time. So I used the SE workaround. But if someone else knows how to do it, then please help us all out here :wink: