sound problem

(fallen_angel) #1

i have a problem with my sounds. i put a sounds in my game then suddenly my blender closed and i see in my shell that there is a segmentation fault. I open my game then in sound block, the sound is highlight (color red). im using rh 9.

(HERETIC) #2

YES! Problem in Python. Sound have of big bad player (+ slow sound memory)
[!] Turbo pascal 7.0-the best. [!]

(z3r0 d) #3

that was absolutely not related to the question

fallen_angel: blender has issues with audio, particularly on non-windows platforms. Crashing on sound is usually associated with blender being unable to open the sound device [which is usually associated with alsa or openal or something]. Problems [particularly in linux] are common.

Does audio in the sequencer work? is there something printed on the console? can you try searching for what is printed to the console?

(fallen_angel) #4

hi im still working with this and i need to finish this stuff. i try to change the sounds but when i play the game it really crash.

heres an image of my sound block:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/jessica_bagon/Screenshot-1.png

[/img]
ei zero my sounds is not working in audio sequencer but when i try to play it in the sound block its working.

in my console:
the first time it crash: Segmentation fault

second when i try to play it in sequencer: mcop warning:user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
Couldn’t open audio: No available audio device

i dont understand why my audio device is not available although i can hear it in my sound block. i really need to pass my work as soon as possible i only have one week to finish this. pls help me. thank you so much