Space for a ship

I want to learn how to build a open space area to fly a ship I made and in time learn how to make planets, asteriods spacestations and stuff to put in my game.

So I have a ship what do I need now? I made a sphere for a skybox but it went wrong ship just falls.

Like most I have BIG dreams and little skill but I keep on trying

First of all go to the world settings under the materials button and turn the gravity down to zero. This will keep your ship from falling.

Thx I’m on it…:slight_smile:

This is one way to make a “skybox” in the game engine: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71448

The “sphere” that you are talking about is used to make a “skydome”, not a skybox.

Not that it’s a big deal, but it’s good to keep track of the right (or for that matter logical) terminology.

There is nothing wrong with having “big dreams”, but you would do yourself a favor if you kept those dreams somewhere in the back of your head for now, so that you can concentrate on learning the essentials first.

Social you are the greatest thx for the tutorial and the correct terminology. I see that what I made was a dome, is that not better for a space game or do I use a box and put textures on all the sides. Is there a reason for one or the other?

There is nothing wrong with having “big dreams”, but you would do yourself a favor if you kept those dreams somewhere in the back of your head for now, so that you can concentrate on learning the essentials first.

Again thx but they are in the front,back, side, and middle and you are right I need to learn the essentials and I am.