Space Ship Test Build(Cerbrez)

Was having major issues sorting out z-tranp+Enviroment Ref+Ray mirror, for a reflective/transparent cockpit windshield, kinda getting it looking right

trying to make a good metal plate texture

which is better?

Attachments

I have re-textured(metal plate) and have went to black and white for now, till I am happy with the texture, also the cockpit is starting to look decent,

was thinking of making it look rusty, but then realized there is no oxygen in space…
was thinking of re-entry burn marks, but think that some sort of wind tunnel test would be the best way to figure out where they would be…also could use this data to place ceramic plating on re-entry hot points, Right now the drag to lift is semi-ridiculous but have been messing with a nosecone for the guns and canards to fix this,
(I love physics)

is there any way to measure the amount of force being applied to a armature?(want to use a wire made of them to hold ship for wind tunnel then measure drag after I get it semi-stable looking ,and also is wind applied evenly or does it map its flow?(negative pressure areas and high pressure areas) If wind does not I think the Fluid sim could be messed with to achieve it…

Making blender into a test environment for Plane/Ship/SpaceShip design would be neat…

is there already a decent blender wind tunnel scene out there?
any input/crit would be welcomed, right now I am at 7 minutes a frame,and have a 400 frame animation in the works,{demo reel} (getting character’s done before I storyboard the scene)

Attachments