Spacebar for panning?

Hi everyone!

I’m new to Blender and I’m trying to customize it a bit. My main area is graphic design so I am mainly used to holding spacebar for panning around (unlike shift + middle click), but I was unable to set it up here in Blender. Can anyone please let me know how it can be set? If not, its not a big deal, I can adjust, but I thought maybe I can make it a bit easier on myself since I’m instinctively always reaching for the spacebar.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

In the User Preferences / Input you need to change the appropriate shortcut to Shift + LMB whatever you want it to be
To pan around that would be Move View (search for Move).
You will also need to disable any other shortcuts that currently use Shift such as Search
By default the Dynamic Spacebar menu addon uses the spacebar so you’ll have to deactivate that in the User Preferences / Addons panel

Maybe those conflicts is why it didn’t work out when I tried. I’ll give it a shot! Thanks!

Maybe those conflicts is why it didn’t work out when I tried. I’ll give it a shot! Thanks!

Ok thats almost it! However, is there any way to set it up so that you move while holding the spacebar and left mouse button (so you drag around with the mouse, while holding the space bar)? That would be perfect for me! This is how Photoshop works for example.

Still haven’t figured it out… can anyone let me know if and how it can be done?

Here’s a demo of settings Spacebar+LMB as pan
I turn off search using spacebar, just set some other shortcut for it. I also change the 3d curser shortcut to LMB click so it can work alongside using LMB for pan

Sorry for the late response, I just tried this! It works perfectly now! THANKS! :slight_smile: