.:SPACEBLOB:. (new game)

Amazing! :slight_smile:
I just think that you should increase a little the poly count of the sphere (the blob), because it is a little low-poly, and it isn’t necessary to economize that way on the main object… the texturing is almost perfect… all of them are +/- on the correct proportion, you know… it’s a thing that is hard to see even on professional games, generally some textures are very HD, other are low…

And the most impressive part is that it’s using only logic bricks, and the game is 100% functional and almost ready to go.

Congratulations and sorry my english.

there is not much to say, just simply a great job u did there.
But seriously, make the level a bit longer ^^ or place the checkpoint somwhere in 50% of it
not at the end.
greets equal

haha I loved it. Very well done. Your character is almost identical to the prototype ^^

I didn’t like the camera movement, and how the camera changes the character movement after standing still for sometime. I would change that. When you’re idle the camera should stop and let your character face what you want.

Also, if you press backwards and hold it. The character will run back in circles instead of in a straight line. Not sure if it’s intended, but I don’t like it either way.

About gameplay. Not sure if it’s just because this is a test level but I don’t like it when the spikes comes up without warning. The only way to know what you should do is die and try again. There should be a way for the player to find a solution without being forced to fail once imho.

How about adding a sign with spikes and death pictures by where spikes will pop-up?

very nice! my critics is on the skybox, looks not to realistic, mabey bumpmaping? dont know :slight_smile:
but it is a realy nice game :smiley:

Dude, everything is great, except the background space and asteroids. For one, there is no depth in the space I suggest three spheres using z transparency to simulate stars and give it some depth. Maybe even make them slowly rotate. The asteroids, it just takes some simple UV mapping. Even the lightmap unwrap would be better than that.

A video would be nice because I am on our family computer and to play the demo I would have to put it on my flash drive and transfer it to my computer. My point is I don’t whant to do all that with out even knowing if it’s any good.

Thanks!

-The Dawisch

By the way, the screenshots look great!

Very impressive. Looks good and fun to play.

Here are some suggestions that I think would make it even better:

• Better camera control…either direct control over the camera or at least have the camera stop when it moves around to “behind” the character. (if you are continuing to move it does it now, but if you just move a little to tweak the camera, it rotates and doesn’t stop.)
  • A texture on the sides of the platforms.
  • Texture wrapping on the asteroids.
  • Dust from the jumping and landing.
  • Better background image (not multi-layered though–it’s reasonable to assume that your position relative to the nearest star wouldn’t change from the start to end of a level)
  • Of course adding the standard stuff like extra lives, jump pads, moving platforms, etc.

If you do end up adding a bunch of levels, this could end up being a game you charge money for.

Keep up the great work.