This was a smaller project to use my assets from the “one hour of greeble” to create a nice composed scene.
I used this to learn more about composition and readability of a scene, as i always struggle with this.
A thanks to https://www.artstation.com/vivalavie for the literature and brilliant feedback.
I started out with a blue/orange colour contrast, but did want to try something more unusual as i already had so many images using this contrast. After some toying around with the hue in Gimp, i settled on a reddish green contrast. Makes it look like an alien world with unnatural light sources.
The models were textured with a procedural approach. The only UV mapped objects in the scene are the characters, the logos on the containers and the engine flames.
Modeled/rendered in Blender 2.8
Postprocessing in Gimp and Blender.
Rendertime 10h at 8k samples on gpu+cpu.
The artwork and wip shots and node noodles can be found on artstation:
The BA work in progress thread can be found here: