Spaceship Observation Deck

Hey guys,
I was working on a spaceships observation deck recently. About two or three days work so far. Have been busy. But I wanted to get some input and such. I’ll try uploading a higher quality version later. But right now this is it.
Rendered in Blender Internal. I want to move to Cycles soon, but my current Graphics Card doesn’t support, so I’m stuck with BI till I can upgrade.

Its still a wip, but any crits and advice are always welcome. Its for a movie eventually. But that’s still in script form. This is mostly just test modeling and rendering. Thanks for checking!
Inferno

Needs more light… did you enable AO? Also you dont need a graphics card for Cycles, you can still render with CPU :wink:

I like it, its a good start. I agree with what DDD has mentioned above, that it is a little dark - although so far it doesn’t seem that the overhead lighting is actually lighting - the only light seems to be from the doorway and the space outside.

Overall, it’s a good start though - I love the windows with the reinforcing bars…

Yeah, it is a little dark, but I played between lighter and darker and thought darker looked better. I’ll try brightening it up some. I don’t believe I had AO enabled for it at the time. Thanks!
Yeah, I know that my CPU can render, but it just takes so much longer that I haven’t found it worth the switch. I have plans to build a computer at the beginning of the new year, and it will support cycles.

[/QUOTE] I like it, its a good start. I agree with what DDD has mentioned above, that it is a little dark - although so far it doesn’t seem that the overhead lighting is actually lighting - the only light seems to be from the doorway and the space outside.

Overall, it’s a good start though - I love the windows with the reinforcing bars… [/QUOTE]
Thanks! I’ll do some more work on the lighting then, It does seem that the light gets a little lost in the shadows.
Yeah, with the windows I drew out a bunch of window variations in Gimp, then picked out my favorites and ended up with that one there. So I had some fun planning with it before I modeled them.