Spaceship WIP

Hi there,
I was experimenting with subsurf modeling and ended up with something resembling a spaceship, so I made it a spaceship :smiley:
It still needs some kind of propulsion lights from the three (third one is not visible in the image) engines on the back.
I’m really curious what other people think of it…

Cheers,
Ewoud

Attachments

Looks like everyone is building space ships these days.

I like your hull shape. It has a nice flow and I think that this ship has quite some potential. Now start adding some small details here and there but don’t add too much because that would ruin that nice hull shape.
As for the propulsion: You could try to set up some particles to create exhaust flames and add some lights behind the engines to simulate the light that’s coming from the engines.

Looks like everyone is building space ships these days.
I know, but this was an accident. Really. :smiley:

I like your hull shape. It has a nice flow and I think that this ship has quite some potential. Now start adding some small details here and there but don’t add too much because that would ruin that nice hull shape.
As for the propulsion: You could try to set up some particles to create exhaust flames and add some lights behind the engines to simulate the light that’s coming from the engines.
Thanks. I’ll have to read some particle tutorials first, since I’ve never used those (or maybe it can also be done with material nodes, I don’t know). Lights should be no problem. This scene already has 5 lights, and I’m quite happy with how those look now.

And I agree that it needs some more subtle details.

Great ship! It looks like some kind of glorified fighter. I has good form, but not much function.