Sparse Website

(harkyman) #1

The living mechanics contest inspired me to put up my work in a gallery format. There’s not much in the way of flashy stuff, but that’s just me. I floss regularly, too.

So, here’s my website to add to everyone else’s. Probably it’s all stuff you’ve seen before, but maybe not…

http://harkyman.home.attbi.com/

Feel free to tell me if you like it or not. It’s in Finished Projects, though, 'cause I’m not planning to change it.

(paradox) #2

nice site, good to see more of the bird project. Ant the Chrome widow project is looking good too. Like the WIP of the chrome widow at home.
Someday I would like to see the finished bird project animation.
You do good work.

Paradox

(0ptikz) #3

Jesus christ Hark!

Those images are stunning :o How long have you been working on sad little bird? It looks VERY VERY good, almost photoreal.

And the spider…What can I say about the spider? Images like that speak for themselves - I was planning to put in some work for the living Mechanics contest but I don’t think that I will bother now :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, you just jumped about 10 places on my “Must hate list” :wink:

(hannibar) #4

The bird pictures are all stunning! Very real!
Can I ask you how you postprocessed those images. They all have a nice warm glow on them.

I like the spider very much too! Very detailed. Nice chrome.

You rock!

(blengine) #5

oh sheesh, thats spider is the coolest pic ive ever seen man… =D
i hate u! u suck! :wink: oh man, wires like that just totally make me druel

youve inspired me to join the living mech contest =)

i love u harkyman!

-chris

(kaktuswasse) #6

wooohoooooo… That pics are just great! WOWW!
U really suck!! :wink: You should bettter run away now;)
NoNo, you are jut great. Especially the bird-story and the final render
of the Chrome Widow…WOW

cu Henrik

(MoreK) #7

:o
I remember the bird-story, I was wondering what happened to it. Those animation WIPs were one of the reasons I started to learn Blender.

You are good, man. Why don’t you quit that IT manager job and concentrate on Blender? :smiley: .

• MoreK -

(harkyman) #8

Thanks everyone.

[email protected]: been working on the Sad Little Bird for almost a year, though I really haven’t touched it at all in the past month. The Open Source thing and the living mechs seemed to have helped me out of my rut, though.

hannibar: posting was done in After Effects, but you can do the same in most any capable paint program. Duped the main layer; gaussian blurred the top layer with about a 4.5 pixel radius; remixed it with the original layer using Screen mode (it’s just an Add blend) and set it’s opacity to around 50-60%. You could do the same thing with Blender’s sequence editor and the blur plugin and Add blending, but I like to do it in post.

imgranpaboy: Thanks for the love, man. BTW, I voted (I think) for your Aliens on the Dam image for Best of All Time in the weekend challenges. Good luck in Living Mechs. I don’t like the thought of going toe to toe with you. :smiley:

MoreK: That’d be cool, but I have a wife, two little girls and a mortgage. Also, within the next year or so, the IT thing will probably be going bye-bye in favor of something more… um… action-oriented and far far cooler. The Sad Little Bird is still in production. I got a new DV camcorder with a really good microphone, so I’m rerecording the dialogue. I’m at the point where there’s only lip-sync left to do on the first section, I’m waiting for my voice talent to come around.

Everyone else - I appreciate your appreciation…