spBlended: A new website for Blender games

Hi guys,

I have decided to start a simple “magazine” type website for reviewing blender games. Have a look and tell me if you think it’s a good or crap idea!

http://spblended.blogspot.com/

Currently, only the site details are available but over the coming days I will add some reviews and complete the game list.

Peter Rylander: Trying to get in touch, but my private messages just get stuck in my outbox! Would like to ask a few questions about Hell Station as I would like it to be my first review. If you’re around, please email me at [email protected].

Looks like it should be a great site Drum. Don’t know if I’ll feel the same when I see the reviews though! LOL!!

jrt.

Nice site with you get all the contend filled in. Tell me what types of files do they NOT allow and are there bandwith limitations?

This is a Good Drum :slight_smile:
(Not crap)

Cool! I have to add LOT to this, as soon as it’s ready… :smiley:

thanx for the positive feedback guys.

I am working hard to get the games list done and I already have one review for HellStation done but need to contact Peter Rylander to ask a few questions. Anyone know his email address?

Not sure. It’s just a blog created at www.blogger.com. Very simple to create. However, I won’t be hosting any files on the site! Just plain old text. Each review will provide links to downloadable content rather than host the files directly on the site.

I think it would be great if someone has some spare webspace where developer’s can upload their games. Most games don’t currently have a home so we need somewhere to store them!

BTW: Do you guys agree with spBlended’s review policy, etc? You are welcome to air your oppinions by adding a few comments (Need to test the comment system!).

It looks good, except I can’t post comments without signing up. :frowning:
It looks like it has REALLY great potential to be one of the best, most important blender sites, it just depends on how much effort you put into it. :smiley:

Oh, and the rating system is great, just make SURE you are unbiased, and fair(like consumer reports!) :slight_smile:

Oops! Sorry - you can now :slight_smile:

Wow! Thank you very much! Didn’t expect such positive feedback :expressionless:

Yeah, I spent alot of time thinking about the review system which is why one of my first post was a review policy. Every time I write a review I need to be objective which isn’t always easy.

I originally intended to launch the site with a review of Hell Station to show you all what the reviews would be like. The review is sitting waiting to be published, but the spBlended rules state I need permission from the author :slight_smile: and I can’t find him anywhere! Where are you Peter Rylander?!!!

Yeah, a blender game review site has great potential. Is it possible to “pin” the criteria for rating, and info about the site to the top? if so, you should do that, otherwise they would get pushed down to the bottom.

I can’t pin it to the top, but I can and will provide a hard link to the review policy and game list, etc in the sidebar.

Hi Drum!

The site looks promising!

Sorry, I’ve been out of the loop for a while, but I have sent you a message.