Unhappy with Blenders text editor to write Python scripts? This Python IDE can run inside and outside Blender. Open the spe.blend file and press Alt+P. Spe has a Blender browser which can show all objects and modules in hierarchical tree control. Spe runs stable under Windows and Linux. Unfortunately I get too less feedback/patches from Mac Os X users, otherwise spe would run on Mac as well.
Spe is a stable, full-featured python IDE with auto-indentation, auto completion, call tips, syntax coloring, syntax highlighting, class explorer, source index, auto todo list, sticky notes, integrated pycrust shell, python file browser, recent file browser, drag&drop, context help, … Special is its blender support with a blender 3d object browser and its ability to run interactively inside blender. Spe ships with wxGlade (gui designer), PyChecker (source code doctor) and Kiki (regular expression console). Spe is extensible with wxGlade.
- Homepage: http://spe.pycs.net
- Website: http://projects.blender.org/projects/spe/
- Screenshots: http://spe.pycs.net/pictures/index.html
- Forum: http://projects.blender.org/forum/?group_id=30
- RSS feed: http://spe.pycs.net/weblog/rss.xml
- Author: http://www.stani.be
I’m very happy to announce that SPE is now sponsored by Zettai (http://www.zettai.net) Thank them for making this release possible. They host my new personal website http://stani.be If you like SPE and you don’t want to donate money, you would do me a great favour by putting a link to http://stani.be on any website and let me know by email.
This is a major bugfix release.
Appearantly there is a bug in Mozilla/Firefox which corrupts downloading of tar.gz archives. So please use wget or another download program to download the tar.gz archive.
- better tab indentation fix
- activepython documentation can be combined with the enthought distribution
- jump to source fix
- function names def* truncated in explore
- “Save changes to” doesn’t show document
- File|Exit should use X as accel key
- Ctrl-F doesn’t switch to open “Find” dlg
- bug in importing modules to shell
- Edit Preferences
:Donations (65 euro):
- Manuel Ulloa
- Anne Ebel
- Kyle Odom (second time, thanks!)
Regular Expression (regex) console. For more info:
PyChecker is a tool for finding bugs in python source code. It
finds problems that are typically caught by a compiler for
less dynamic languages, like C and C++. It is similar to lint.
For more info: http://pychecker.sourceforge.net
wxGlade is a GUI designer written in Python with the
popular GUI toolkit wxPython, that helps you create
wxWindows/wxPython user interfaces. As you can guess by the
name, its model is Glade, the famous GTK+/GNOME GUI builder,
with which wxGlade shares the philosophy and the look & feel
(but not a line of code). For more info:
- full python_ 2.2.2+
- wxpython_ 2.5+
- optional blender_ 2.31