Release news from http://pythonide.stani.be
This release is the result of a complete rewrite of the run system. It’s now possible to run multi-threaded applications (like wxPython, gtk, …) with SPE and still control them through the debugger. Also selected text can be executed in the shell.
Read more at http://pythonide.stani.be/manual/html/manual3.html (see 1.3 Running files).
* launch the debugger at any time at a running script
* launch the debugger at unhandled exceptions when running your script
* execute selected lines as code snippets in the shell
* redesigned toolbar
* Show/hide shell (Mac)
* Check run (0.8.1.b)
* See http://pythonide.stani.be/manual/html/manual2.html
* There is now an update section for MacOS X!
* Nir Aides (debug support)
* Thurston Stone (bug report)
* Widhaya Trisarnwadhana
SPE is a python IDE with auto-indentation, auto completion, call tips,
syntax coloring, UML viewer, syntax highlighting, class explorer,
source index, auto todo list, sticky notes, integrated pycrust shell,
python file browser, recent file browser, drag&drop, context help, …
Special is its blender support with a blender 3d object browser and its
ability to run interactively inside blender. Spe integrates with XRCed (gui
designer) and ships with wxGlade (gui designer), PyChecker (source
code doctor), Kiki (regular expression console) and WinPdb (remote,
SPE is looking for native English speakers to review its manual.
The development of SPE is driven by its donations. Anyone who donates
can ask for an nice pdf version of the manual without ads (60 pages).