Specific Collison in BGE

Hey, so i was just wondering is there a way in BGE to make your animated model only have a collision with certain objects?

Collision Layers.

Also, generally, your model shouldn’t collide with anything. It should be parented to a collision object, which is what you actually move around and which is a “physical” object in-game.

Yeah, having a complex physics shape without a big physics spike or logic is something I just figured out recently,
Armature is no collision, parented to a compound root object.

Parent empties to each bone, align a axis to a bone

Add a ’child shape’ for each bone and align it to the empty choose a simple physics bound like cube, or sphere , capsule etc,

Each frame you unparent the child shape from a compound root object,
Move it to match it to the empties location and rotation, and reparent it to the compound root object.

Yeah, having a complex physics shape without a big physics spike or logic is something I just figured out recently,

Parent empties to each bone, align a axis to a bone

Add a ’child shape’ for each bone and align it to the empty choose a simple physics bound like cube, or sphere , capsule etc,

Each frame you unparent the child shape from a compound root object,
Move it to match it to the empties location and rotation, and reparent it to the compound root object.

We need a built in setting only for armatures that does this magically and using bone space to world space conversion done in C,

Physical armature

Also, there is a minor bug with spawning many copies not in the same frame,

In order to add one to a scene where a copy already exists, you must remove parent for all child shapes in the scene for that object instance type, and then add the new copy, then reparent all the physics child shapes. (A pain but we’ll worth actors that have matching physics shapes.)