Speed it up babe

Hi there!
How does the ipo speed for the scene affects the framerate? If you speed up the scene you lose frames or they occur at a higher framerate? If you speed down your scene with the ipo for speed you get more intermediate frames or the framerate just gets decreased?
Hope i m clear with the question and that it make some sense. Regards
Pablow

Pablow! http://blenderheads.ning.com/???

hey gracias, muy buena esa página. Tan mal me expresé??? Igual creo que la pregunta es dificil para formular hasta en castellano.
Saludos jpbouza!

I think the Speed IPO channel is used for objects traveling along a path. So no, unless that is all your scene is made up of, objects traveling along paths. What the IPO editor needs is another IPO type just for the Scene. Then an FPS channel.

Others might suggest that you render out your image sequence, then import the sequence into the VSE where you can re-map time. But I have never tried out that feature.

Thank you Atom, i made a mistake. I did what you said, exported my movie as an image sequence and then modified the ipo speed for the VSE. My question is still pending and i should reformulate it: how does the ipo speed for the VSE modifies the actual speed of the movie: you lose frames or the actual number of frames per second runs faster and slows down following the curve?
Thank you in advance

If you slow it down it should actually create more intermediate frames - as you can remap your frames in the rendering settings window.

taken from http://blenderunderground.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100

Ok, let’s say you’ve just created a pretty complex animation. It’s 250 frames long and, at 25fps, lasts 10 seconds.

Now, let’s say, you want it to last 5 seconds at the same 25fps. How do you do this? Shrink all the IPO curves? Edit the keyframes in the NLA editor?

The easiest way to do it is simply tell blender to remap frame 250 to frame 125.

Press (F10) to go the the Scene buttons and click on the wavy arrow to go to the Anim/Playback sub-context. In the Anim tab you’ll see two fields, one marked “Map Old:” and one marked “Map New:”. In “Map Old:” you enter the number of the frame you wish to remap. In “Map New:” you enter the number of the frame you wish to map it to.

So, we want to halve a 250 frame anim. Enter 250 in Map Old and 125 in Map New. When you play back the animation, it takes half the time! Half the frames! As it’s half, Map Old: 100 and Map New: 50 will do exactly the same job.

This can be great for retiming an animation or just rendering a preview. Conversley, if you map a frame to a higher number, you can get your animation to render in slow motion.