Speed-Model: Street Light

My first render to submit on a CG-Forum ever:

Getting warm with Cycles: The model and the Materials took about 20 minutes to create (together). Lighting and postproduction took another 15 minutes.
The biggest amount time was spent to get the render settings right… I had to fight with an incredible amount of fireflys and clamp wasn’t really helpful in this case. But I didn’t want to spend too much time on this model, because it was a mere exercise, so I simply turned the samples up to 10,000 and reduced the light path settings to a minimum. Took 15 minutes to render on the GPU.
Don’t know if it’s really a Speed-Model, because it took me nearly 2 hours to to create this, although the model was finished after 20 minutes.

Nice render :slight_smile: I really like it! :slight_smile:

By the way, to remove fireflies when using glass and light coming through it, I suggest you to check out the blenderguru tutorial about “creating realistic material with cycle”, he teaches a way to reduce the fireflies problems in his video :slight_smile:

That’s awesome. I love the one bulb burn out! :slight_smile:

Happy to read that you guys like it! :slight_smile:

@@Kiwimasta:
I did not use a glass shader. Instead I used a crazy mixture of transparency, glossy and refraction for the street light glass.
Having said that I went and watched the blenderguru tutorial you suggested. I didn’t know the trick with the light path node, but I will definitely give that one a try and maybe post the result here.
Thank you very much for that hint! :yes:

Hey this came out really nice… I was amazed when you said 10,000 passes in 15 minutes…that wasn’t a typo by any chance? The only thing I would have done different was maybe add a little rust or dirt on the model. In either case you did a really nice job.

Lit really well, great job! :smiley: