Speed modelling - a head

http://kroopson.webpark.pl/speed.jpg
hmmm - I was bored and tired so I’ve started to model this dude. Modelling was done in Wings3d and rendered in Blender

Excellent !!

:wink:

that’s awesome! you sure it was only 1 1/2 hours? lol

He looks pretty deformed, but nice job for a speed model

its pretty cool .

Well modelled.

But the real challenge is, can you model something similar in Blender in 1.5 hours? :wink:

BgDM

yep that’s a really good mesh modeling !!!

you sure it was only 1 1/2 hours? lol

Yes - I’m pretty damn sure :slight_smile: started at 22.10 - saved image in GIMP about 23.40.
Modelling itself took me about an hour. I had to set up lights in Blender and add text in GIMP :slight_smile:

You can see my videotutorial about head Boxmodelling in wings here:
http://www.oceaneffects.com/videotutorials.html - it’s in polish so don’t mind my comments :slight_smile:

About modelling it in Blender? well without reference images it’s impossible to do it in the same time :frowning: Right now I’m turning into a Wings fan, and I’m modelling every piece of mesh in it.

Good model, it has character.

I really should give Wings another glance some time.

nice model - but your video tutorial is real bad quality

Is it possible to mirror model in wings?

Just like with any other 3D modelling package I’ve tried - I feel totally stupid in Wings.

For some reason Blender seemed to become an automatic extension of my fingers even though I’m still not that good in it.

In Wings I sit there staring at the screen like a big dummy.
I might try it again because I’ve heard so many good things about Wings.

Caleb

Dude I realy like his style. I wish I could simply model such a high quality mesh in a life time. My models always turn out to show shadow errors and such.
Keep it up.
-IS-

nice head.

i really like it. Are you texturing the head?

good quality outcome. he’s crying out to be animated!

(note to self: get my thumb out and start doing stuff like this)

A fine piece of work :slight_smile:

no - I won’t texture or animate it :slight_smile: I’ve got a lot of other things to do.
I just wanted to relax and make some “for fun” modelling :slight_smile:

I’ve always loved box modelling, but blender is not really good for that, so I’ve tried wings a few times, but there are a few things that I just can’t get over. For example, why do I need to remember 5 hotkeys to be able to move a vertex, edge or face? It could be done much more elegantly and easily (like in blender for example).
2, I can’t edgeloop cut at all. The only way it seems is if I select all the edges that the edgeloop would go through, and cut them in half at once, but that could get really cumbersome in a complex model. I have seen you do it in the video, but since I don’t speak your language, and you seemed to use hotkeys, and the text couldn’t be read anyway, I don’t have a clue how you’ve done it, but I’d really like to know :slight_smile:
Thanx.

BTW, this is one of the best I have seen done in wings :slight_smile:

about loop cut - when you’re in edge mode you have just to select edge ring (“g” by default) and press “c” key that stands for “connect” edge rings works only on quad polys

cool, it works, thanks :slight_smile:

GR8 time - 1 1/2 WOW :o

very very nice - CONGRATULATIONS