Speed Racer A Whole New World 2 (WIP)

(Odilkhan Yakubov) #81

Hi mate. Google drive doesn’t works in my line. Can you upload it to Box or Zippyshare file servers? :(Thanks.

(Fred/K.S) #82

Don’t have time bro can you wait for next week? i can upload a Version 2.0 of the file that will contain more content. !!! This time around i will upload it on Dropbox and One Drive !!!

Fred/K.S

(MarvinCJames) #83

The .rar file isn’t opening for some reason :frowning:

(Fred/K.S) #84

Okay then wait for Version 2 of the File i will make sure that everything is working properly !!!
Hopefully by tomorrow.

Fred/K.S

(Daedalus_MDW) #85

the rar works perfectly fine for me. i used 7zip to open it.

now, about the file its self. theres alot wrong with it…

for starters, you need to learn how to reuse datablocks. by that i mean using alt-D instead of shift-D for objects that look the same. sharing materials and textures is another good thing to use aggressively. instead of a bunch of planes(which should have been empties) that switch meshes, just do it all manually by picking the mesh in the mesh properties (gray triangle)

NAME THINGS!! make sure everything has a meaningful name. meshes, materials, images, textures, objects, all of it. this way its easy to keep find datablocks to resuse.

all textures need to be power of 2 for max efficiency(64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, etc)

the geometry was bad, im not going to sugar coat it. really bad. tossing a bunch of generated landscapes together is not going to work. dont get me wrong i love the land generator, everything just needs to fit together seamlessly. the road shouldnt be slapped on top of a terrain, it should be integrated, or alteast having a very smooth, undetectable edge when the meshes intersect. all the normals were inverted as well.

LOD is built in to blender, and is a bajillion times faster then the way you are doing it. it can be found in the object properties (orange box).

last but not least, WATERMARKED TEXTURES!? thats low. if your not even using it, but cant get rid of it, try clicking the X while holding down shift. this will force purge all users. be warned, copyrights apply to textures, so make sure all your sources allow for redistribution.

i HIGHLY recommend setting your color management to None. this makes colors a heck of alot easier to work with, and prevents that pale look.

learn how to use Orthographic cameras for UI. a scale of 64 works very good and dynamic text looks pretty too.

from what i can tell, your demo uses little over 200,000 verts, thats pretty low poly for such a big place. not that its a bad thing, you probably just dont need to waste cpu on LOD. my computer can render millions of verts. scenegraph(number of objects) and logic are going to slow you down first.

ill be back with a fixed up blend within a day or so…

(Fred/K.S) #86

To: Daedalus_MDW, Wow i really really like your detailed analysis there it is very detailed ive noted everything down i have already started working on what you have mentioned. I like that thanks and i will be waiting for the Fix blend if possible.

Iam aiming and i strive for perfection. (in my blender game projects)
Thank you so much for your support !!!

Fred/K.S

(cadaei) #87

Why is there no Mach 5 in this thread…

(Fred/K.S) #88

For Full Content:http://kineknet-studios.wixsite.com/kineknet-studios

Well Basically this is the official Demo but im only going to showcase a couple of cars in the Vehicle viewing scene ive designed.
If you watch closely there is a bit of Lag in the Video and that is obvious because of my screen recorder the game is very well optimised and runs great on medium end PC’S…

on the low - end there’s lag but its lag the player can cope with this means that as soon as i drop the demos game settings the player will have the ability to adjust according to how their pc’s can handle the game’s weight !!!

I noticed that blender uses RAM for scenes so its good Vram helps only on high ends the official Demo will also be playable on UHD TV’S at a 4K resolution the game runs great on High-End !!!

The visual details are as striking on a 4K Resolution than on a Standard PC display.

Fred/K.S

(Akira_San) #89

Looking forward for the new demo version. :slight_smile:

(Odilkhan Yakubov) #90

Is it possible to compiling the game without all dynamic linked libriries?Note: I know about Save as runtime in Blender. But i mean like compiled games from C/C++ like all included folder-by-folder.

(Daedalus_MDW) #91

im not sure if this is relevant to this thread?

but to answer your question, you need the blender stuff to run a blender game, so no, the dll’s arent going anywhere. for linux things may be different, but you still need the dll equivalents installed.

this is like asking if you need the unreal engine to run an unreal game…

sorry if i misunderstood, the question isnt very clear.

(Fred/K.S) #92

Originally Posted by Odilkhan Yakubov Is it possible to compiling the game without all dynamic linked libriries?Note: I know about Save as runtime in Blender. But i mean like compiled games from C/C++ like all included folder-by-folder.
your question was poorly stated what do you wan’t to know ? Are you asking about how the Game’s files will be packed when it will be released or are you asking about if the game can be rendered with folder’s packed using C++ ?

Look i still can’t understand what your tryin to say man.

Please restructure (understand the purpose of) your questions before you ask its very important bro !!!

Fred/K.S

(Odilkhan Yakubov) #93

Hi. Daedalus already answered for my question. Thanks to you, Fred. But what about some GameDevs are making just into Blender for Android or iOS?P.s.: :)sorry for offtopic and for stupid answers. It doesn’t needly to answering. :wink:

(Daedalus_MDW) #94

start a new thread for unrelated questions. that way more people can see it and give better answers.

(Daedalus_MDW) #95

sorry, but dont hold your breath on the fixed blend. i just dont have much time.

btw, i noticed your normal maps arent set right. you need to check the Normal option in the texture settings, not just under influence. honestly, i dont like using normal maps for the single reason the Y axis is inverted in blender, causing light to point the wrong way.

(Fred/K.S) #96

Originally Posted by Daedalus_MDW
sorry, but dont hold your breath on the fixed blend. i just dont have much time.

btw, i noticed your normal maps arent set right. you need to check the Normal option in the texture settings, not just under influence. honestly, i dont like using normal maps for the single reason the Y axis is inverted in blender, causing light to point the wrong way.

Yeah sure man no sweat by the way i really have a limited amount of time that i can dedicate to this project so hopefully this week im finalizing the racetrack so that i can upload New and Fresh Demo content out of blender ,Specifically Gameplay Videos of this month’s upcoming demo !!! (Hopefully)

So far if your still working on My open World Map for the Alpha version of the demo then thanks man then i can release an open world Demo of the Game just after the official demo im currently working on.

Otherwise take your time and study it , i know that there are alot of mistakes and ive already learnt from them.(Im considering those mistakes as i continue to make my official demo of the game)

Fred/K.S

(Akira_San) #97

Hi, thats very interesting. Would you make an example?

(Fred/K.S) #98

Hello everyone and Hi to all the Fans and supporters of this project i am going to announce the Official Demo’s Release date just incase yau’ll don’t know ive pushed it to Mid August , its for the best of the best Guys ive completed the 1st Remastered racetrack and the intro Cutscene so now im doing Part 2 of the Demo so the second Mission of the Game i will make an Upcoming trailer for the game sometime next Month but keep supporting and staying tuned for the latest content.

The next upload will probably be next month this time Official Demo Content !!!

Fred/K.S

(Odilkhan Yakubov) #99

:smiley: and where is it?

(Fred/K.S) #100

I will up load em bro ive been heavily busy with college latley i really want to showcase the Graphics of the Game but im struggling to find valuable time to upload it on YouTube and also some screenshots.

Damn guy’s the Game looks awesome i will upolad sometimes towards the end of this month.

Fred/K.S