Speed Racer A Whole New World 2 (WIP)

If you start the game in upbge, what does the console says?

Well then it just shows the texture lib that has been stored in the files the console does’nt show much though !!!
When i start it in BGE the results are the same but i noticed that more can actually be added to the Overall graphics of the Game theres just so much options as far as Editing is concerned.

then dont use enviroment lighting(disable it in the render tab)]
ok now i did !!! It actually makes my game look better without it !!!
Iam watchin out for subsurf’s !!!

Fred/K.S

So i was thinking what can you guys propose or suggest so that i take note?

The Projects inspiration:

Based on my upcomming Demo, id also like a brief analysis of the Graphics from the screens ive showed yaull?

Thanks to everyone for all the support and comments i rely on comments to help me work more on this project !!!

So everyone keep commenting you are really helping me progress this project !!!

Fred/K.S

Originally posted by Akira-San
whats taking so much ?

Now i know i found out the problem blender corrupted the collision bounds so i made everything a No Collision object now the frame rate shook up high !!! Its more stable and runs smooth on Ultra Low Settings !!!

Extras !!!

Thanks for supporting guys.

Still busy finnishing some things !!!

Fred/K.S

Attachments

Its good, that you found it. Is - Use frame rate on and Vsync off?
To enhance the image, i suggest add some shadows. :slight_smile:
You gonna need “Exponential shadow maps” or “Cascaded Shadow Maps”
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.146.177&rep=rep1&type=pdf

You gonna need the distance factor, where the shadow far away is drawn with less quality. Its an optimization for TPS.

Vsync is turned off , AA Samples i set it to 2x, the Refresh Rate is Set to 160 which is quite good on a Low end there are no signs of lag it totally blends the Lag with the framerate !!! (If the game starts to lag on a 4G RAM laptop)
Lag is blended…

By adding shadows i won’t add blender’s ones i will add Exponential shadow maps" or “Cascaded Shadow Maps”
Hopefully they’re optimized so they wom’t take up much performance…

You gonna need the distance factor, where the shadow far away is drawn with less quality. Its an optimization for TPS.

I will definitely look in to that bro thank you so so much for all the support its going to be a Great game.

Fred/K.S

I see, you have a big monitor. :slight_smile:

By adding shadows i won’t add blender’s ones i will add Exponential shadow maps" or “Cascaded Shadow Maps”
Hopefully they’re optimized so they wom’t take up much performance…

You should know, that those techniques are not yet implemented into UpBge. You could ask for them or try to code them, if you know some c++ and glsl. An example of them can be found in here: https://github.com/aerys/minko/blob/master/framework/asset/effect/ShadowMapping.function.glsl

refresh rate shouldnt be other then 60 if the target is normal pc’s.

refresh rate shouldnt be other then 60 if the target is normal pc’s.

Alright i will bare that in mind, Thanks Daedalus_MDW !!!

!!! More content comming soon !!!
DOWNLOAD !!! going to be Available Soon !!!

I put the Good in the Good ,in a Upcomming Good Game.

Fred/K.S

What vehicle wrapper are you using? You could use a parallax tiled texture for the sand. I use this vid for inspiration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlgvfEicdwU

Originally posted by Akira_San What vehicle wrapper are you using? You could use a parallax tiled texture for the sand

I don’t use a vehicle wrapper i make them using blueprints and ive got a source where i get my textures for them , i also use sculpting techiques when smoothing edges of the meshes !!!

Everythings been made from scratch since the year 2014 by me alone. Right now im trying to balance time and progress the project Next UP a trailer im busy with for all the players and possibly fans.

Actually i do have a tiled texture for the sand i just don’t use it i might muse ut in my next upcomming Drag Racetrack i have already started making…
Dude this project is actually awesome !!!

Im counting on adriansnetlis to help me out unify my physics system for the cars bro right now the cars can easily overturn at high speeds, the suspension sys is too realistic bro and responds to the gravity system very easily. (So i gotta balance it)

Wow it actually looks great i like this video as well bro thats a nice inspiration bro !!! Nice

Unreal engine has this awesome lighting system that is so optimized as well as shadows id like to oneday try it out is it free like blender?

Fred/K.S

Sounds great. I think, that maybe you could get this type of lightening in upbge. Use PCF to get a nice smooth shadow, but dont really know how the UE4 race game was lit.

The problem with my current Lighting system is that it completely ignores the casting of shadows and focuses on bringing out the beauty of shaders the Filter i use has an effect with the sky it enhances the Skybox end feature Dynamic lighting Effect that places emphasis on the detail of textures however if i have to re-Work the Graphics it could take up 4 Months !!! What i have now is performance friendly and is optimized perfectly it just needs to be improved on as iam working on the day & night feature for the open world temlate.

I think, that maybe you could get this type of lightening in upbge. Use PCF to get a nice smooth shadow

Yes i am going to do that by using the filters or i can edit my current one !!! ( Actually there’s no time to Edit the graphics system)

How do i use the PCF ?

Fred/K.S

NEW Content Available Soon : DOWNLOAD Available Soon !!!

So after sometime i decided to go back and actually open up my blend files in UPBGE and i played the games as a standalone i haven’t rendered it !!! (Here is how the Demo looks like currently when i open it up in UPBGE)

So far theres no difference with the BGE its still the same however iam going to add some Post-Processing Effects Early next week and then we’ll see the difference and how it looks. ive got some codes for some filters and iam going to use Nodes to mix materials.

when i started the standalone player in UPBGE it loaded faster and it shows much more clearer now !!!
(i like this stable build of UPBGE its truly a stable build)

so i still have more to add and so far i dont even have an NVIDIA Card running its running on intel HD Graphics 4000 !!!

!!! DOWNLOAD !!! Extra Information.

Fred/K.S

In upbge make sure you set your material constants to on. Use this script -> https://download.upbge.org/download/script/constant_material.py

you need shadows. period. even a 256 size localized to the player should be plenty.

odds are, post processing will take more power than shadows.

place this script on an empty object. parent the sun to it. move the sun up on the local Z. rotate the EMPTY for the light angle.

from bge import logic

SCENE = logic.getCurrentScene()
OWNER = logic.getCurrentController().owner

OBJECT = SCENE.active_camera.parent #center the shadows around the parent object

if OBJECT == None:
    OBJECT = SCENE.active_camera #if no parent, just use the active camera

OWNER.worldPosition = OBJECT.worldPosition

yes i do have this version of UPBGE !!!
I WAS ALSO CHECKING THE PYTHON CONSOLE AS I TESTED THE RUN TIME ON UPBGE.

Thanks For Supporting Guy’s !!!
DOWNLOAD

Fred/K.S

Wow thanks is this supposed to be for the Gameplay?
i will do it !!!

DOWNLOAD
Thank you so much bro Thks !!!

Fred/K.S

Looks like you gonna need to fix the errors. :slight_smile:

These are just the things which are in the Python Console window that seems to be showing the errors in the Background these are not common at all these are warnings !!!

See because everything was done on BGE so now its being unpacked in UPBGE !!!

Fred/K.S

Upbge doesnt like free roaming materials. :slight_smile: