speed up the modeling process

when we model some thing some times we have to smooth the model and see how it looks like …while modeling if i gona add the subsurface modefire and again remove it to start the modeling process again, it will be very annoying …so is there any easy way to do it …like in 3d max …thanx

actually do you add subsurface modefire and chek how the model looks like while modeling or you add subsurface modefire at the end of the modeling process ? any clue any one ? thanx

any clue anyone ?

I always add it at the end.

There are a couple of buttons on the Subsurf modifier’s panel, one of which looks like a grid - that will ‘turn off’ the modifier, but keep it during rendering. It can be used to easily check what your model looks like with and without subsurf.

I have it turned off a lot of the time, because it’s hard to see how close edgeloops are together and if you’re modeling hard-surface, you want to use similar distances so that edges will be similarly sharp. I think switching between subsurf and base is key to having both a clean mesh and a good result, but whichever you prefer is good.

thanx guys i’ll check :slight_smile:

In object mode, hit ctrl + 2 for a 2 iteration subsurf modifier to be applied to the active object. Works for numbers 1-4… I don’t know how to take it off with hotkeys though… but if you want to just disable it without having to remove it, just unclick the button that looks like a grid on the modifier’s panel.

In object mode, hit ctrl + 2 for a 2 iteration subsurf modifier to be applied to the active object. Works for numbers 1-4… I don’t know how to take it off with hotkeys though… but if you want to just disable it without having to remove it, just unclick the button that looks like a grid on the modifier’s panel. Usually I model with the subsurf modifier on. It’s pretty cool if you click the circle button in the modifier panel (in edit mode) and it makes the edges and vertices conform to the smoothed geometry.

thanx LazyCoder it worked …is there any key to set smooth or set solid ? thanx