SpeedFan

I tried to run SpeedFan, but it froze when scanning the smbus, so I opened the helpfile. It said that if this happens, "Try running the program with the command line switch /NOSMBSCAN

… How would I do this? Thanx for the help.

go to start -> run… -> type “cmd” then you have a dos shell. navigate to your directory using “cd D:\etc…” then type in your .exe file so it would be

“speedfan.exe \NOSMBSCAN”

you may not even need to got the speedfan directory, you may be able to do it from the shell directly

another way to do it is create a shortcut from speedfan.exe, edit its properties link so that it links to “speedfan.exe \NOSMBSCAN”
that should work too

I tried typing
“C:\Program Files\SpeedFan\speedfan.exe \NOSMBSCAN”
But it didn’t work… what am I doing wrong? As you can see, I don’t have much knowledge of this sort of thing:o .

Try this:

C:\Program Files\SpeedFan\speedfan.exe -NOSMBSCAN

or this:

C:\Program Files\SpeedFan\speedfan.exe /NOSMBSCAN

I am not familiar with this software, just guessing.

Ok, I will try that, thanx for the suggestions.
EDIT: It always says
“C:\Program files…etc.” Is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
EDIT: Either that or
The directory name is invalid.

another way to do it is create a shortcut from speedfan.exe, edit its properties link so that it links to “speedfan.exe \NOSMBSCAN”

Try this method, but use -NOSMBSCAN

or

/NOSMBSCAN

in the properties field.

In command prompt you need to use the dos paths (no spaces allowed). With directories what have spaces in there name u just use the first six letters & add ~1.
So… C:\Program Files\SpeedFan\speedfan.exe /NOSMBSCAN
Becomes… C:\Progra~1\SpeedFan\speedfan.exe /NOSMBSCAN

:wink: