Speedflow [$] - Modeling Addon

“adding the ability to do a Tubify from an edge selection in edit mode”

Pitiwazou you think is possible to expand it further?

Somewhat like “”“select object’s edges >>> select a curve-profile >>> non-destructive boolean between the object and ‘profiled edges’ >>> move these edges up/down/inside/outside the object >>> apply boolean = workflow for custom bevels for hardsurface modeling”"".

Don’t understand everything ^^

You want make a profile on an edge selection and make a boolean on it ?

Yes.

But with these possibilities:

• the boolean’s result can be seen >before< applying the boolean itself in the ‘hard way’ , if you see what i mean.
  • you can ‘slide’ the ‘edge selection’ around the main object, so the ‘profile’ creation is not limited to the initial position of the selected edges.

I just tested and you cannot make a boolean with curve object.
You have to convert the object in mesh and with that you cannot edit the segments.

Work in progress !

http://pitiwazou.com/2016-12-17_18-54-55.gif

It’s ok for the Project Cutr!

http://pitiwazou.com/2016-12-18_11-20-41.gif

Another Great code by Pistiwique !!!

Glad to see the tubify addition, thank you!

This just keeps getting better and better. :slight_smile:

If you have some ideas to improve the current tools, don’t hesitate :wink:

Hello pitiwazou. happy customer here.
Would it be possible to add radial symmetry (with 2 objects selected)?

Radial could be difficult, but adding a mirror on several object at one time, we are working on it.

For Christmas -20% on Asset Management speedflow and speesculpt

https://gumroad.com/l/kANV

Im in!
Ty !

I just bought this addon and can’t stop playing with it, makes working on Blender like a walk in the park, I like the style, colors and usability, nice work, Thank you!
I’m also using the RMB script and for that I’d like to thank you too, it’s been very useful. :slight_smile:

Great !!!

Have fun :wink:

carlosan, not sure it’s possible in speedflow.

I was browsing the list of options of Speedflow and I hovered on the arrow next to the Array button. However it shows help regarding Tubify instead of Array. :o

I will fix that !

That’s good to hear; good thing I noticed it when I did. Be sure to update us so I can update my version. c:

It turns out I didn’t want it enabled anyway but I thought I’d report it: Mouse mode doesn’t seem to work with Rotate. It doesn’t rotate when you move the mouse and if you try to click to rotate, it just goes into Free Navigation.

If you use the ‘a’ shortcut to run Adjust Bevel, it just immediately applies a bevel and exits in Menu mode.

Tubify with a bad selection throws an exception instead of gracefully not attempting to run and warning the user.

Finally, have you considered making the shortcut for Symmetrize be ‘e’ and then you can set Array’s to ‘y’? It would be nice to have a key for each.

Thx for your repport, we are working on the next update of the addon and we are fixing the bugs, so don’t hesitate to repport if you find one :wink:

You don’t want enable the addon ?

To rotate with the mouse, use the wheel :wink:

A is for “Apply Modifier” on all modals it’s a normal behavior, we don’t call modifiers with keys but with menu of pie menus.
Right now we don’t have plan to change shortcuts because people use azerty keyboard too, we use corresponding keys.

Follow the documentation if you don’t know how works the modals.