Speedflow [$] - Modeling Addon

Damn how are u guys so good with blender’s UI shiiiiiiiiii damn anyway these tricks are amazing.

Please give me the shoutcut keys on everything.

Fred/K.S

Please i repeat please provide me with the shortcut keys on how to open these side menu’s and panels please i need some additional experience.

Fred/K.S

Speedflow > ctrl shift Q
Companion > shift Q

You can change the shortcuts in the preferences

Thks !!! Can’t wait to start usin it buddy thks.

Fred/K.S

it will take a time to get use to new speedflow amd companion . pressing shift q amd drag directly to the left applies all modifiers .
it means press shift q and stayyy … then click on buttoms …no more quick dragging i guess …

but its usefull and needs practice

thanks a lot for all your effort

Yes, you are right, that slow down a little the workflow, you have to release shift before being on the button.
But I think it’s more usefull than bothering.

Amazing ! Thx !

I am getting this error in console after a crash on 2.78c

Dependency cycle detected:
Hook_Width.001 depends on BB_Screen.001 through Parent.
BB_Screen.001 depends on Hook_Width.001 through Hook Modifier.

Info: Applied modifier was not first, result may not be as expected
Info: Removed 0 vertices
Writing: /tmp/Inserts Template 2.crash.txt
Segmentation fault: 11

It seems it happens when I got the hook or Object inside the carving frame as children.

Witch version of speedflow ?
When you make a boolean with child int the bool obj ?
Give us more informations please :wink:

Now that you asked I went to Gumroad and found there was a new update. Didn’t get any notification. Will check if this one causes the same issue and report back. I was using 0.1.2.

I got to say the new Companion Beta version is amazing. The project feature is brilliant.

Not sure if we should report bugs from the beta version here, but confirm on release for pie menus appears to be broken in the Beta 2.

This is the error I’m getting for Bevel when trying to use it with confirm on release

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\speedflow_beta_02\bevel.py", line 1133, in invoke
    function = object_direct_action[(event.shift, event.ctrl, event.alt)]
KeyError: (True, True, False)

Other modals seem to be broken as well but they just exhibit strange behavior rather than returning an error.

Using Blender 2.79 Portable on Windows 10

You cannot do the old quick gesture to select the Pie option. As it contains shift and ctrl which used for something else. Try opening the pie first without the gesture then select the modifier. If it doesn’t report any errors you will have to change the keystroke in order to keep the quick gesture feature. Otherwise, you are stuck with opening the pie then selecting as 2 separate steps. I did change the keystroke.

Indeed, we added options to the buttons and the current shortcut don’t help.

With shift, ctrl, alt, ctrl+ shift, ctrl+alt, alt+shift etc, you can make some actions like, apply modifiers, remove modifiers, hide modifiers, add bevel weight, remove bevel weight etc.

Place your mouse on the buttons to see the possibilities.

Right now, you can go fast but have to release ctrl and shift before clicking on the buttons.
Or make it in two times and release ctrl + shift and then click on the buttons.

It’s a little slower than before but the options are really usefull and allows you to apply, remove, hide etc whitout entering in the modals.
Personnally I prefer like that.

I see :frowning: Any chance you’ll offer an option to disable that?

not right now, will think about that because some tools are direct from that, you cannot have them without the option.

“Right now, you can go fast but have to release ctrl and shift before clicking on the buttons.
Or make it in two times and release ctrl + shift and then click on the buttons.”

you can also click the buttons after release ctlr and shift, it work too^^

btw i was disapointed at first by this new workflow, but now i love it and don’t want to go back!

You can ignore my request, I solved this by simply rebinding the hotkey to Q instead of Shift Ctrl Q. Best of both worlds now :slight_smile:

edit: didn’t see animani suggested this before, thanks man.

Sorry I feel silly I didn’t think of this before posting heh.

Yes, like I said, the shortcut should change to avoid this issue, will think about witch one since Q is used for views in the pie menus.

Also, yes with the current shortcut that slowdown a little the workflow but the new options are really usefull, cannot work without it anymore, like on companion or my rmb pie menu ^^