Speedflow [$] - Modeling Addon

Hi

It would be nice if if you could add a option to display the object group names in the viewport text, finding it in the side panel can be difficult !

Thanks

It will be cool in the next version of add-on add “Bend” modifier wich call “Simple Deform” in Blender. I often want to bend something, but Simple Deform not work intuitive and basicaly need time to configurate him…

The issue with this one is the difficulty to have a good result.
I already tried to make one modal on it but it’s really difficult to make something with it.

Is it possible to add random rotation to the array objects ?

Sadly, Blender doesn’t allow that.

You could do this with a randomly rotated empty and assigning it to the Object Offset in the Array modifier. Not sure what you’d use it for though, seems like more of a case-by-case thing than something you’d actually use a lot in Speedflow.

Try these add-on - Random Object Array

I would use it for vegetation; where you array it and random rotate the trees so it doesn’t look repetitive. It is not related to Speedflow, but it will be nice to have that option.

@ Bondnaruto, that add-on look cool. Thanks for the link

Will be cool add “Solo” function not only for objects, but for groups too. These will allow to expand possibilities of “Solo” function and will be handy used with “Group Pro” add-on

In real life all technical and construction elements have accuracy up to a milimeter, “Tubify Depth” tool (in SpeedFlow) can adjust Depth only with precisely of centimeter. Need to have possibility adjust “Tubify Depth” (in SpeedFlow) with a precisely of millimeter.

Tubify uses blender tools so we cannot change the behaviour.

For solo it’s a good idea :wink:

I was wondering if you have any form of the Speedflow working with 2.8? I’m currently getting this error:

It’s not a priority of course since 2.8 is still in early development, but just thought I’d give it a try. Thanks!

Hi Pitiwazou,

Is all ok with the tubify shortcuts? I have version 0.2.8. Usually I select first a profile and then for example a plane > tubify. That works well but it seems I have several issues:

• Pressing o doesn’t do anything. (My menu says Profile (o): Rectangle, and in your manual you write “You can delete the profile with o”)

• My menu in the viewport shows me Z: select profile. Pressing z shows me then; Profile with a line under it. But there is no way to select another profile. (With shift, or with F?) In your manual you write that you have to press F. But in my viewport I see that F is for Resolution V.

• When deleting profile with x I got error:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “C:\Users\Flatron\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\speedflow_v2_beta_08 ubify.py”, line 387, in modal
    self.act_obj.data.bevel_object.scale[i] += value
    AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘scale’

I had to narrow the width of my profile after I used Tubify to get the correct result. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Attachments

Before using Tubify you have to apply “rotation + scale” separately to the path and profile. Works well. To get the path start with a 6 by 6 plane, bevel the back 2 vertices at the same time, 3 segments and .333333 and then shorten the front legs of the path and delete the front edge. For the profile combine a circle with 8 segments with a plane or extrude the vertices of your partial circle.

Here is a sofa I modeled. https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?438039-Sofa-I-modeled-in-blender&highlight=sofa

We are working at this.

Great model bkjernisted:wink:

Thanks for the great addon pitiwazou.

I think it’s the best addon i’ve ever used, thanks for sharing with Blender. I have a doubt in fact, I added a non-destructive boolean(Left cut) to a mesh (Box), can i symmetrize the left cut to the right side? I was trying to do this but i can’t.

1 Like

make a mirror of the bool object :wink:

1 Like