Speeding up workflow

Hi, I don’t know if it’s the right place to post this. I want to be able to work on my laptop, that is not that fast. So I thought about deactivating the render and hide in the viewpoint, every other elements (objects, materials, etc.) except those I am currently working on. But seems that even though not visible, those elements are still taking processing power, particularly when I move the timeline. Is there a way to disable them and their effects completely on my computer?

What I expect, is later to enable them and make the final changes (+ renders) on a powerful desktop I share with someone. On both machines, Eevee will be used…

Thanks.

Ive never heard of disabling object’s effects on a computer but im a begginer too so. Maybe using seperate .blend files could help and then when you do go to render add everything together. It is a hassle though. if you run Windows I would rather install linux because people say Linux runs blender faster because python (code blender is written in) is native to Linux.