Sphere Expandinding Annimation Inquiry

Hello all,

I am trying to create a specific animation for this project I am working on. I want to give the illusion of one sphere “exploding” into several other identical spheres. I want the sphere to rise up and explode as the other spheres spread out into the open in all directions. Gravity does not apply. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone has insight into how I can create a glowing green orb that would help for this project too, but I can search through tutorials and what not for that one.

Finally, I am not sure if this post is in the right place, as it is my first post. If it is in the wrong place, I will gladly move it to the correct spot.

Thank you in advance for your help!

One option is to use the Explode modifier with the particles displayed as sphere objects.
Instead of having the particle start and end frame the same, you can get a slightly different effect of the orginal sphere breaking up by having the end frame later by a 10 frames
Disable the effect of gravity in the Particle / Field Weights panel
See the attached example blend and rendered animation.

For a glowing object in the Blender Renderer you can increase the emit value of its material and in the World settings enable the Indirect Lighting option.

Attachments

explode0001-0200.avi.zip (2.16 MB)explode.blend (148 KB)