Spider-robot

Hi!
Some days ago I bought new PC and decided that there’s no use of my monster if I am just playing games. So I built up some ideas, painted few sketches and 12 hours tried to materialize something… Here’s result of this early wip:
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5643/result001lp2.jpg
Click on the image to see video :slight_smile:

Most impressive! You learn very quickly.

oh, I mean that this is not my first attempt modelling something( in general :smiley: ) , but this is my first try on this PC. anyway- big thanks :slight_smile:

Haha yea, that would be AWESOME if that was your first work ever. I would say stop doing this as a hobby and go pro already! But this still looks awesome!! Great video too. you might be able to refine the movement of the legs a bit more, but still sweet. Good luck!

oh yeah, I am almost awesome :smiley: :smiley:
about movement of the legs… I know, there’s a lot of things to do and I am working on it. this animation was more like a sketch of “what can I do with those legs” :smiley:
I am still optimizing poly count, remodeling some details and still trying to make that rig more reasonable :slight_smile:

thanks! :slight_smile:

Great model so far, I want to watch it blow something up!!! Muahahahaha! :evilgrin: I can’t think of anything to do than what you’re doing.

Even the design and structure are totally workable, you know, there’s actually something there to move the joints, the joints don’t hit anything when they move, etc. So many robot models are ruined by this, and you did it perfectly. (Except maybe the hydraulic pump on the highest joint of each leg…I’m not sure how much power they usually have, or how much you want though, so I’ll leave that to you.)

This is yet another model I’ll be watching for the finish of. :slight_smile:

Wow. This looks pretty sweet.