Spiderman: Into The Spider-Verse Concept Art

Wow I’m amazed by the style seen a lot blender, this is a class apart great, now i have to see that movie

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy!

1 Like

Stories like this should be showcased on the mainpage of blender.org it would go along way in promoting Blender to “pro” users:)

1 Like

Wow amazing work! I love that style!

1 Like

As far As I understand from that article Jim “got hired as a character designer on the film”. But Alberto was production designer for about two years at the beginning of the project thus responsible for overall art style.

1 Like

Seems more like Jim made the style if om honest. He was main designer and they developed from that.

Saw the film yesterday with my 8 year old son and my 17 year old daughter. While the story is for sure enjoyable, I can’t but agree with everyone who already posted their comments: the visuals on this work are outstanding, amazing, awesome, you name it.
A totally personal style which is completely different from the mainstream of 3D animation trend nowadays. A mix of almost photorealistic images (the cars, the cityscapes…) and clearly comics inspired characters, plus a comics-like dithering (screening? Don’t know what’s the correct term) which is unique in its outcome.
The usage of colours is beautiful and absolutely flawless.
A film which absolutely deserves to be viewed!

Great to know that blender had a part in all of this.

1 Like

Please don’t speculate. Read Alberto post on Facebook for some info on this.

This project is a masterpiece! A lot of really talented people contributed to it and made it what it is. Awesome. And so fresh.

2 Likes

Thanks Bart!

1 Like

Glad to hear Maxilogan!

I didn’t work with Jim Mahfood so can’t comment on his involvement. Alberto was production designer while I was there in the beginning…basically head of all Art.

1 Like