Spin tool properties not retaining previous values

Hi all,

I’m trying to follow a tutorial written for 2.4x, but I’m using the latest at this date (2.58.1). So the tutorial shows using the spin tool, but setting the steps from 9 to 7 before actually activating the spin tool.

However, in 2.5x, I have the tool shelf open, but I can’t figure out how to open the spin tool properties before I perform the spin. So I performed the spin and then set the steps, and that seemed to work (but better solutions are appreciated).

My main issue, though, is that every time I use the spin tool, steps defaults to 9 and I keep having to change it. How do I get the spin tool to retain my settings?

Thanks for any help,

–Rob

However, in 2.5x, I have the tool shelf open, but I can’t figure out how to open the spin tool properties before I perform the spin.

In 2.58 you press the spin button and set the parameters afterwards so you can see the effect interactively, rather than guess, spin, undo, guess, spin, undo etc as with 2.49

My main issue, though, is that every time I use the spin tool, steps defaults to 9 and I keep having to change it. How do I get the spin tool to retain my settings?
You can’t, though you should be able to write a python script to spin with another default number

OK, I can see the reasoning behind setting the properties afterwards. Not so sure about the previous settings not being retained, but I guess I’ll live with it.

Thanks!

–Rob