this is what i did to try and fix it

make him dynamic

here is what happened

if i put the actor on the armatures he spins out of control
if i put it on the character he spins out of control

why this is bad

i need my character to detect obstacles and stop when he runs into them
i need my character to jump and land on things

i really need help on this seemingly simple problem. normaly i would have no trouble, but since i added armatures the whole thing has got all messed up

thanks

Did you have ghost data enabled? If you do, disable it. If that doesn’t work, make sure you have collisions enables. (click your object, go into face mode, select all your faces, press “W” and then pick “collisions”.)

Hello
let your armature “rulle” the character
Make it Actor-> Dynamic and set the size sphere as the same size as the character
Enable “bounds” and “Polytope…”
Now select your character, enter Face select mode, select all faces, disable “collision” and press “Copy Draw” button.
Now, should work…
If you need collision in your character enable “collision” on the faces , and “compound” in the Armature.
Bye

For several years I have been reading your self degrading remarks to questions and reading and downloading your tutorials. I have felt for a long time now that were you to stand up and be all that you can be that we would all be more than we are. Come on Otto. We are on your side. We are all rootin for you. Dont be afraid. Be the leader you you were meant to be.

Mr. Caldwell
your post is very kind, but makes me feel quite embarrassed…maybe, “this explaining that”…
Don’t let “this” bother you, I have yet a nice life, mainly being a music lover,
there’s plenty of marvelous music to listen!
Thank you!!!