Spitfire Mk IX

Hi all,

I have been working on this for a few weeks now as my first serious piece of Blender art.

It has a number of shorcomings that I am aware of but I would really appreciate any feedback from the experts here.

Modeled and rendered in Blender, with some post in Photoshop.

LJ

Attachments

Wow, great work.

What were those shortcomings? Did you use motion blur for the propeller or did you do that in Photoshop?

looks great, may i suggest adding a verry slight ray mirror to the metal texture to make it look less plastic. The aircraft also looks brand new - there are no nicks or scratches etc. Awesome background btw

Gents,

Thank you, I will do another render with some reflection, I didn’t think of that, as for the scratches I tried but they didn’t turn out very well. I will make that the focus of my next work.

Thanks again for the feedback,

LJ

for the scratches you should use some special brushes. i’m sure you can find them on deviantart or something like that. use some photos of spits or other planes to see how they should look and where they should be placed. also make a spec and even a bump map for them: scratches and portions of the fuselaje stripped of paint tend to me much more reflective than the rest. the bump is ofcourse for adding a little depth. as for the raymirror, i think it would work best with a gloss number slightly less than 1 and a good ammount of samples. keep up the good work!

Cantrem,

Thank you for the advice, my greatest weakness is a lack of classic artistic skills, so your tips really help. Looking forward on starting somthing new and putting all my lessons learned to good use.

LJ