Splash contest, I guess, WIP, C&C please

Here I have another simple scene. Got any ideas of what I could do, or C&C?

Thanks in advanced.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7674/hand6tv.jpg

First thought that came to my mind: “Narnia.”

I think the sand area, stretching up into the hill, looks too flat. Also the whole scene seems as though it is a background for something big…

As for ideas, it looks like someone has been digging in the area… maybe add a treasure chest , a shovel, or something.

Yeah, I might insert a treasure chest. Thanks for the idea.

Here’s an update.

Sorry for the aliasing, when I uploaded it, I didn’t remember that I had anti-aliasing off, it took about 7 minutes to render, and I want to start doing more, so I’m going to just keep it here.

Here, I rendered using GI and added a treasure chest and and some pegs for a rope ladder.

You might notice that with the GI render, compared to my earlier render, my light from the lamp-post is almost nonexsistent. Do you have any idea why? I’ll render with different settings later.

C&C is apprechiated. Thank you.

Hey, I am using lights in one of my new models. How did you get the light to look as though the light is shining through the glass.

Sorry I got stuck on the light issue that I forgot to put in my C&C.

C&C:
I like the idea of the door leading to the real world or leading to a wierder one. I feel as though the picture is a little plain. It needs something a little extra. Mayber you could have a bright beam of light exiting the hole. I don’t know. :slight_smile:

Nice work, very atmospheric.
How about a small animal? This would be a fitting place for the lizard from Modron’s tutorial somewhere on this forum.

Edit: Ha, I’ve found it: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread?t=20758 .

What I did was put the emit on the glass part of the light to maximum.

Then I used a Lamp light. In Yafray Lamps can glow.

Go to Lamp Buttons with the Lamp selected, and put in these settings. The glow seems to go away when rendered with GI, but that might be just my scene.

its hard to tell what those spikey (?) things in the background are. Clarification? looking pretty decent so far

-XrQLz :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a new update, C&C please.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9393/hand80oy.th.jpg

The spiky things are trees without leaves.

wow, your light setup is one of the best i have seen on elysiun/blenderartists used in blender/yaf.

but i am confused, what exactly is that big metal-ish object beside the hole? and why is there a smaller metal object attached to it, with some metal jutting out from it, and into the hole? the whole scene confuses me and is very surreal :confused:.

wicked shadows, very well done.

but i am confused, what exactly is that big metal-ish object beside the hole? and why is there a smaller metal object attached to it, with some metal jutting out from it, and into the hole? the whole scene confuses me and is very surreal :confused:.

Okay, here is a discription of the scene.

The hole is a house of a human, I suppose it will be a man.

Inside the hole is a room. On the celing is a smaller peice of metal than the one on the ground, depth and width wise. The metal on the top of the ground is spread out wider than the celing of the hole, this makes it able to spread out the weight of the ground above the hole, having less stress and more strength. I don’t know why that smaller metal object is there, probibly to signify that it’s there for a reason rather than just to look pretty.

wow, your light setup is one of the best i have seen on elysiun/blenderartists used in blender/yaf.

Wow! Thanks a lot! And you’re comment on it being surreal seams like a milestone on what I want to accomplish, art-wise.

wicked shadows, very well done.

Thank you very much, I had a hard-time wondering if my shadows were good enough. Now I know!