Splash Screen - .blend File?

Just FYI: the .blend file for the 2.90 splash screen is up! Get it fast – the blurb says it has textures from Texture Haven in it, no idea how long this version will stay up.

Texture Haven textures are CC0.

1 Like

Yeah, I figured that out after I posted – once burned, twice shy.

1 Like

Just FYI: the .blend file for the 2.91 splash screen, Red Autumn Forest by Robin Tran, is up at the demo page.

Just FYI: the .blend file for the 2.92 splash screen, Sinosauropteryx Prima by Joanna Kobierska, is up at the demo page.

With the 2.93.0 beta out we can see that the splash screen is Procedural Still Life - Geometry Nodes Experiments by Erindale Woodford, but the blend file isn’t up at the demo files page yet.

They posted the artwork to these forums:

And you can see the Geometry Node setup here:

2 Likes

Currently undergoing some cleanup and annotations, removing non-cc0 textures etc. It will be added to the demo files for the stable release though! I’ll try and share it in this thread as well once it’s ready :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Much appreciated, and congrats on your art making the latest splash screen!

The file will (should) be included with the 2.93 stable release but for now it’s available for free on my Patreon. You don’t need to be signed up, there should be a link to grab the file under the post:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/50582398

1 Like

Got it, thanks oodles!

I’ve prepped the splashscreen file to be a bit more approachable and annotated and to have only procedural or CC0 textures. There are some of the Toolkit nodes in here but for updates you’ll still need to buy the toolkit through Gumroad or Blender Market.

— quoted from the Patreon page

Yeah, the Toolkit nodes could come a’cropper of the splash screen demo’s all-CCO requirement, especially given it’s a for-money add-on made by the same person who made that splash screen.

1 Like

The node product I sell as GPL3 and the project file is CC-BY so they should be fine. People getting the nodes through the project file won’t get updates to the nodes, some of which have already been entirely remade, so I’m sure it’ll be a-okay!

With the 3.0.0 beta out we can see the new splash screen, but the blend file isn’t up at the demo files page yet. It’s up at the Art Gallery though, with a download link, get it while it’s hot!

3.1.0 is out, but the blend file of the splash screen isn’t up at the demo files page yet. It’s up at the Art Gallery though, with a download link.

3.2.0 beta is out, but the blend file of the splash screen ( White Lands by Oksana Dobrovolska ) isn’t up at the demo files page yet, nor up at the Art Gallery.

3.2.0 just went main, and the blend file of the splash screen ( White Lands by Oksana Dobrovolska ) is now up in the demo files page and available in the Art Gallery.

1 Like

3.3.0 beta is now out, showing the new splash screen, Scans Island by Piotr Krynski! Not up at the demo files page nor at the Art Gallery yet.

1 Like

This is different – blender_3_3_lts_splash_by_piotr_krynski.blend is now available by direct link from the demo files page instead of a link to the Art Gallery (which doesn’t have it yet). But the important bit is that you can download it now, yay!

1 Like

3.3.1 went live a bit ago – no page in the Cloud Art Gallery yet, still a direct link from the demo files page. This might be the new normal.

screenshot.2022-12-06 22.30.42

As of this posting the Stable version of 3.4.0, with the new Splash Screen, is up on the Daily Builds page. Not live on main yet, .blend of the splash not up on the demo files page or the Cloud Art Gallery yet.

2 Likes