SPLAT!!!!

(SGT Squeaks) #1

Here is an animation I finished yesturday. I made the character in wings and the rigging took forever so when It got time to animated I sort of made it a bit short.

anyways, here it is. http://www.sky3d.net/SPLAT.mov

its a 3mb download

Enjoy!!!

(SGT Squeaks) #2

Come on guys!!! Only 14 out of 75 people have viewed it!!! and where’s the comments? is it really that bad? should I take it to the movie graveyard and bury it so no one will ever hear of it again? :frowning:

(Haunted-House) #3

My eyes they BURN!!! BURN!!!
Umm…what exactly was the point of that movie? Don’t play with catapults?

(SGT Squeaks) #4

Does it have to have a point?

(Nayman) #5

no offense… but what the hell?

It was funy and all, but… uh… yeah

i like eggington though,

(SGT Squeaks) #6

hey, I like doing odd stuff. :smiley: and it was going to be a rigging test, but when it came time to animate it I got a bit tired of this project so I just finished it off nice and short.

(Hexa-dB) #7

Heh I like it :slight_smile:

The big blender book looks a bit weird facing forward - how about making it sit sideways (so the spine faces out). …er… and maybe make it fall over when the little guy hits the shelf? …or something…

Nice cartooney materials though!

(bmax) #8

how big is it…ok, i’ve been complaining about my 56k lately, and you might have heard…so please be so kind as to warn me… :o :smiley: :o

(SGT Squeaks) #9

oh, sorry blendermax. I should have posted the size in the original post. I will go edit it. And the size is 3mb.

And thanks for not hating it hexa!! :smiley:

(bmax) #10

thank you… :wink:

(SGT Squeaks) #11

i feel your 56k pains. thats what I use at home.

(bob_dog) #12

Sorry, I have to say that it was a big waste of bandwith. I hope you got some good rigging practice out of it, because artistically it has little merrit. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you mentioned the movie graveyard, not me.

(SGT Squeaks) #13

hey, thanks for the honesty. :wink:

(VelikM) #14

Shades of mister Bill, No mister Bill nooooooo…
I like it, it’s simple, so what, it reminds me of the ‘Mister Bill’ skit that used to be on Saturday Night Live. Things don’t have to be complicated to have artistic merit, but the critics should have some.

(bmax) #15

If you’re such a smartass, bob_dog, then show us some of your high-end kickass professional work that you’ve done! - jk, dont’t take that too serious, but don’t be so nasty to potential noobs (i dont know if SGT Squeeks is)… be gentle! 8) dont come charging in like a mad cow on steroids!! :smiley:

</shortandsweet> //oh, and please dont understand that wrong :stuck_out_tongue: (i mean the “short and sweet” :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: )

/me likes sermons 8)

greetings,
Tom

(stephen2002) #16

hummm…splat…yes, it splats.

Kinda pointless little video. Nothing special, very basic, 50% of the movie was the little opening title.

yes, this one goes to the graveyard.

(slikdigit) #17

I didn’t watch it because its a moov. can’t view those on linux (unless they ain’t sorenson compressed- if it is linuxable let us know so we can ‘risk’ the download, ay?)

(SGT Squeaks) #18

You know what this board seriously lacks? half decent crits. Instead of kissing ass or saying that sucks why don’t you guys explain whats wrong with it or if its a pic you like tell them what you like about it. It helps people a lot more if you say, I honestly don’t like it and I think you could make it better by changing whatever (dont say whatever, say what needs to be changed). And then that person can change it and make it better. How do you guys expect to get any better if the only crit you get is oh that totally rocks!! or Yucky Yuck Yuck!!! I hate it!!! Seriously, it helps a lot more to have an honest crit with reasons why its so bad than someone just saying. I dont like it, send it to the graveyard!! I just started animating last weekend, so I’m a total animation newbie, and every single crit so far has been squat!! not a single one has helped me improve. I strongly implore you guys to give better fuller crits. I will strive to do the same. Thank you.

(bob_dog) #19

OK, Tom and Squeaky, you guys are right. Here is some expanded criticism:

1. It is difficult to tell what kind of style you are going for. Things look textured and shaded and yet some parts of the picture are outlined like a cartoon. I would suggest leaning more to one or the other, but not both.

2. The “story”. Even the greatest pictures aren’t worth a pinch without a good story. Why is this guy splatting on the book shelf? Is he trying to get to the blender book? Is he committing suicide? Did you just feel like splatting him? It is not clear.

3. The catapult lacks any means for actually moving the arm mechanism and the wheels have no axles.

4. Shall I just come out and say it? OK, I find it a bit tasteless, but that’s just my opinion and it may have something to do with the fact that I am somewhat older than the average poster here. A long time ago, I used to get a kick out of pointless violence as well, but then I turned 20.

5. Try easing in and out of the camera movements and motions some more to make it less “jerky”.

(SGT Squeaks) #20

Thank you very much bob dog. Thats all I ask for. And yes, he was trying to get to the blender book. oh, and the wheels are held in by holes in the quarters, and there are pushpins pushing the quarters onto the wooden popsicle stick. Once again, thank you for a crit that was actually helpful.