After a little playing with Terragen, Forester and Blender (Fiber script (thanks RipSting) and Lsystem script (thanks blenderdungeon)) I came up with a decent mountain/lake scene. I’m not real happy with it. Not because it’s bad, but because it isn’t at all what I wanted. I can’t blame it on the pic I guess :-?
I was wanting a nice thick forest but I soon found out it’s difficult to make a NICE pine/fir tree with out a decent amount of verts. Then when you place 150 of them in a scene, things get REAL heavy and slow (besides some grass from the fiber script and particle flowers). So I ended up placing the trees in a seperate file and rendering them in groups and put them together in The Gimp. In the image it looks like there aren’t many trees but there are quite a few. I deleted all the ones that can’t bee seen in camera view. Also I eventually found out that the Forester2Blend script places more than one object in a location, up to 3 at times. I think next time I will use modelled trees up front and image textures further back.
Here it is with trees…
…and without (I almost like it better without)