Sprite Fright

Why is there no Sprite Fright thread yet? :slight_smile:

It’s very well done and I really like the 12fps animation style. Strangely this feels more natural to me than more fluid character animation.

19 Likes

Loved it! Extremely well done. The lower FPS gives that stop-motion animation feel like Wallace and Gromit, in a good way.

Script might not be the deepest in the world, but it works fine for a short Halloween story.

Gotta download the production files later to check those out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I admit that sharp U-turn got me off guard.

I’m not a big fan of heavy stylized works, but great execution overall. Congratulations to Blender Studio.

1 Like

I loved it ! it doesn’t back from some violence, character designs are cool, animation is splendid, the script is fun, doesn’t try to be a brainer… Only the shading seems a little subpar : faces look flat with no glossiness whatsoever, same goes for the foliage… I suppose they went for a “clay” look but really that ends up lacking on most surfaces. They should either have gone full clay with the fingerprint marks and glossiness, or more realistic with face detail/textures (weirdly enough most characters don’t seem to have any), but this is a strange in-between.
I am nitpicking, as the film is very enjoyable. Excellent job everybody.

2 Likes