Squid

Squid

A giant squid crammed into a goldfish bowl? Your guess is as good as mine. Texturing took forever in this pic. I just couldn’t get the shiney, slimey look I really wanted. I am also not quite 100% on the pose of the arms and tentacles, here. But all in all, I think it came out okay.

The WIP thread for this can be found here: https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50636.

C&C welcome. :slight_smile:

-Laurifer

LOL! That’s awesome, acctually made me laugh :smiley:

Good work.

Mystery

PS: On the second thought, poor squid :frowning:

wow, that’s awesome work.
great idea too!

The metal material looks especially nice - how’s that done?

such nice slimy look ,well done! i had been following this in WIP forum, great effort!

Can’t wait to see what you pull out next =)

Lee

Impressive work here, I love the gelly look of it and the lightning of the pic, looks like GI.

Serialsiner

i know alot of work went into this. and it looks amazing :]

Hilarious.
I do like the slimy look.
Maybe you could show more water coming out of the bowl.
Maybe use the fluids sim.
P

Nice work.
How did you create the anisotropic effect on the metal?

hah! very cool. that turned out well. good job. :smiley:

jim ww

Wow. Thanks all!

mystery00 - Thanks! I agree though :(. Squids are meant to be free range! Maybe we should run a patition…

rusmannx - Thanks!

mrmunkily - I’m glad you like it. It’s very simple, and all procedural. Here is a pic of the material settings if anyone wants to use it: http://laurifer3d.com/Images/brushed_chrome.jpg.

LohnC - Thanks a lot!

Serialsiner - Thanks! No GI, it was rendered internal. I was thinking about trying this out with Yafray, but I’m too lazy to really learn it, plus I think I would have had to redo a lot of the work in it, like textures and stuff.

vliegtuig - Thanks! You like the slime? Thats great. Maybe its because I’ve been staring at this image that I see it’s every flaw. I always thought there was something… off about the slime. That would have been really cool using the fluid sims for the water splash.

NR43 - Thanks! See my reply to mrmunkily for the material settings.

jimww - Thanks!

:smiley:

-Laurifer

Looks really good! And funny :smiley:

lol very creative
I think you did a good job on the shninieness of the materials

nice work

thelonesoldier - Thanks!

Dwarfose - Thanks! I’m glad you think so.

AniCator - Thank you!

-Laurifer