Stained Glass Future

So I had this up in the WiP section, but I think it’s time to call this one finished. This was a short animation I put together for my church to introduce a teaching. I think in the end I had about 6 or 7 days worth of time to work on this, and I feel given that time frame it turned out pretty nice. At any rate it was a good opportunity to stretch myself a little as there are a lot of things in this animation that I’d never attempted before. The stained glass and selective edge rendering in particular were a challenge. The animation is composed of three scenes that I had broken up into individual projects to save me some time with design, lighting, and rendering, Textures were mostly created in Illustrator and Photoshop. This project was done in Blender 2.5 A2.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0yt3wX9E-0

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, hopefully you’ll enjoy it!

Chris

Attachments

dude i love the stained glass, but the cathedral model in the first picture is a bit bright. Anyways awesome work.

Thanks for the compliments :o The chapel being a little bright in comparison to the rest of the scene was actually a creative decision I made to make all the little pieces of the chapel more visible. It winds up leaving the shadowed side of the building brighter than it would actually be, but I figured it was an acceptable tradeoff to accentuate the building effect.