Standard and Armature Animation - Help needed please

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me or if you cant maybe you could redirct me to an animation forum if need be
as i am still abit new to 3d stuff.

Basically im at a bit of a loss as too how to store animations with a model and what kind of animation i should be using.
I’m Building a simple car, with an armature running through it which has copy rotationed bones for the front wheels and i am
now looking to try and make a bonnet or hud for the engine that opens and closes.

MUST I use armatures? I could animate without just fine but I dont know which is the best method for having multiple and seperate
animations. I know actions is the way with armatures but is there a way to do this without armatures so the models animations can still
be used in game?

sorry for the headache guys and any help would be grand.

Please don’t hijack other threads asking this same question.
If someone answers your question in one thread and then another person answers in another thread you have wasted their precious time.

sorry, that wasnt my intention. Shortly after i posted in one thread i learned how to start my own and couldn’t find a way back to the other persons thread.

MUST I use armatures? I could animate without just fine but I dont know which is the best method for having multiple and seperate
animations. I know actions is the way with armatures but is there a way to do this without armatures so the models animations can still
be used in game?
You don’t need to use armatures. You can set up actions just with keyframed animations of separate parts. Experiment.