A Quick Intro
This ship started as a kind of doodle on my lunch break on day. All I had created then was an engine. I spent almost a week creating possible designs for the fuselage. I’m pretty happy with where that has ended up.
I was trying to become more familiar with the use of boolean operations in Blender, so I started playing with some shapes. I also wanted to do as little actual modeling as possible and let the modifiers do most of the work.
I had started a few ideas for the body, but was not finding anything I liked.
Once I settled on a shape, I just started stacking boolean after boolean until it had the look I was going for.
Once the booleans and modeling were done, I still needed to fix all that awful topology.
The Current State
Now that the physical parts are complete, I can focus on materials. I have a basic set of materials created and everything has had it’s UVs unwrapped to a single 4K image. I want to try out some different software to push the material further, as well as bake it all down to a low poly mesh.
I still need to create the cockpit and internal armaments, as well as animate it all. I have to take a break from this and focus on some other projects for the time being, but I’ll update this post as I get back to it! Let me know your thoughts on it all!
As always, my finished works can be found on Artstation, and all in-progress shots are posted on Instagram as they happen.