Star Wars II !!!

Actually I prefer to see films in the comfort of my own home, think that is way better. Love to be able to pause and have a sig whenever i want to. It also enables me to have full control over bodily placement in the room.

I know SWII will probably be just another big letdown to expectations and be forgotten in a few months or so. But that is sadly how many films are nowadays, those damn CG effects - it makes the producers think they don’t need a proper story!! (Oh I really should not say that here)

I’ve been a Tolkien addict for 20 years and I’ve read almost every line he wrote (and those his son pretended him to have written (unfinished tales, lost tales etc.)

My 2 cents is the lotr/foth is pretty disappointing.

(I wryte pretty disappointing because there are Ladies on this board and a gentlement ishouldn’t be more explicit)

Stefano

it seems as if I started quite a bit CG Movie
debate and storytelling, and it also seems
as if people forget how intrigued people all
ove the world is about the Star Wars saga…

…it is all a bad and evil saga,
and have in all times worked since eons back…

and don’t forget also that the first Star Wars movie made
the milestone for movie effects for all future ahead,
they started this and it was no turning back, and since
then many movie producers has tried to achive the same
as G Lucas and failed, until the last 5-10 years…when CG
have come and stayed for good in the movies…

I know that episod I was to childish and I think so myself,
but consider that a child is main character - why not ?
but I think I gonna like episod II even more cause it
is darker (I love that)…and more action…

I am not a fanatic, I am bit tired watching the old movies,
(again…I saw the first one in the 70’s :smiley: proud)
and want some new stuff, I have even read 9 books that
continue the saga after the Return of The Jedi, and that is
very much exciting…but I won’t think they will create movies
from these books…

/ztonzy

/me too has seen the original SW at the cinema when it first appeared (1977) :stuck_out_tongue:

but me is sigh old enough to have seen 2001 a Space Odissey at the movie when it first appeared (1968, but in Italy early '70) and the milestone in science fiction was that, I passed the following couple of weeks turning on myself wistling “The Blue Danube” by Strauss :smiley:

big scenes in space, big ship-models, in one word “space opera”

Stefano

I think the big difference between those “older” sfx and new CG ones are those impossible camera movements. I know this is a cool effect in itself, but what they forget is consistency in shots nowadays. They implement CG badly by making them stand out instead of add to the film - like they should.

Real good effects are those that you don’t notice, you just believe in them baceuse of the context. :slight_smile:

hehe old bastard there :stuck_out_tongue:

well…there were actually no Movie Effects Industry
until G Lucas did Star Wars…he invented it… 8)

And who wants to see superqutie spacemovies today?
even if it is more realistic…quite boring…I have tried to
watch 2001, and I gets always bored by it sigh

/ztonzy

Hi Ztonzy, I do not mean to be pedantic, but I study film and I’d just thought I’d mention:

“Cinematic SPFX began in the early 1900s, when Georges Méliès produced his film, A Trip to the Moon.”
qoute http://arttech.about.com/library/weekly/aa092498.htm

I know you meant the time when the industry started, but in Méliès memory I think we should appreciate what he started.

:o

okey…you’re right…but so I am I… 8)

I meant the new effects industry…in a interview G Lucas
said that ALL those companys in Hollywood was totally gone…
why do you think I had to invent it all again (the new industry for it) ??

/ztonzy :o

I’ve been a Tolkien addict for 20 years and I’ve read almost every line he wrote (and those his son pretended him to have written (unfinished tales, lost tales etc.)

My 2 cents is the lotr/foth is pretty disappointing.

(I wryte pretty disappointing because there are Ladies on this board and a gentlement ishouldn’t be more explicit)

Stefano

Hehe, well the problem is nothing will ever be as good as the books :slight_smile: If you try to compare LOTR the movie to the books its not going to happen. I do think their adaptation was pretty good tho, compared to say… the cartoons? :stuck_out_tongue:

I am curious as to what the ents will look like in the movie… I doubt they will create quite the grandious battle at Helm’s Deep that I envisioned, but all in all I think the movie is better than most adaptations I’ve seen and better than the flicks I’ve seen in the last couple years in general :stuck_out_tongue:

Green: Compare the plots between new high end movies and old movies. Then you’ll perhaps find a good plot for once, and its not gonna be among the new ones I’m sure.

Personally, I don’t really care if the movie sucks or is any good, I got the ticket for free without bothering, and well, I’m free the time it premiers, so why not? ;o)

I hope its more of a commercial than ep1 ones, as ep1 was a boring commercial, at least ep2 could be a nice one.

PS. The way I see it, ep1 was a commercial for lucasfilms et al. Hence the use of the word commercial.

ooooooookie

I didn’t mind the dialogue, it’s just like the rest of the films. Star Wars is not Mcbeth and shouldn’t be reviewed as though it was. I saw it on may 16, and Episode II rules!

By the way, the love thing is hardly in the movie! Its just a brief thing… How can people think that it’s too much?!?

Oh yeah, and LOTR was a huge dissapointment - SW:II was far better. Truly.

Brief thing? Well, I guess if you sleep throug the first 2 hours its a brief thing. Come on, the whole movie is saturated by the anakin/amidala relationship. The only thing I was wating for when Amidala said she loved Anakin, was: “It was the flying fruit that turned ya on, wasn’t it”. At least that would have made the movie less boring…

The central part takes place lightyears away from Anikin and Amidala. The real story is with Obi-Wan, and what happens to him. And the actual screentime with the love stuff is tiny compared to anything else…

The dialogue problem is far too overrated, and in fact if they had changed it to Mcbeth, it wouldn’t be Star Wars would it?

I must agree with macke about scripts of old Sci Fi movies and the nowadays crap. Maybe in the future we can come back to STORY quality once FX had been completely mastered and don’t shock anybody.

In my opinion (sorry S68) LOTR is a masterpiece among screen adaptations of a book. I only didn’t like the guy performing Sam Gamyi. (however Gandalf and Frodo were amazing !)

E1 sucked all the way down. I don’t hve too much expectation on E2. What I like most of Star Wars saga is its graphic design and overall look. The stories are boring, simple, old and cheap.

My two cents.

Cheers.

malefico (aka Kevin Brockman).

The audience reacted the most to

Yoda (If you’ve seen the movie, you know what I’m talking about)
The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions trailer

Bring on The Matrix!!!