Start main scene first time with lags

Easy, add 10 planes, add 1 texture per plane, put those 10 planes infron of the camera, move it away or below ground after the first frame/second of the game.

But camera will see just 1(the first) and what about anothers 9?

are you really that stupid? place them next to each other xD left, right, top, bottom, as long as it is in view of the camera.

so with 10 planes you get this effect:

or

or

you get the idea

Stupid is you with your shit game!

LOL just LOL, LOLLOLLOL.

why get mad? i did not say that you are stupid, i asked if you where stupid. Reading this yes you are.

Why?
Post 8 10 12 14 16 18 you got your answer over and over, at post 20 you ask again, while the answer is in post 18.

So?
yes i’m stupid to give you the answer again in post 21, at post 22 you ask stupid question.
I’m Retarded(upped a noch from stupid to retarded, did you see that?) at this point to give you an answer again in post 23.

Then you come with:

Stupid is you with your shit game!

From here on your on your own!

Happy blending

Well i think your word stupid not made any contribuition here.We trying here get one BGE better for work with good textures only this.I used UDK before and this is not problem there.In blender have this limitation or other thing and I,m just trying work with good textures nothing more.

@ Cotaks: I have to admit it, and you may need to hear it…I’m with you 100%…you are not out of line IMHO.

@linuxfree: I understand english is clearly not your first language, but everyone here has tried to help over something that I do not even consider a problem…and you seem to be upset with us that it is not working…when clearly, the failure is on your end…you have not posted a blend file for us to test and figure out even…so…you have a few options…

1. post a blend for us to look at, fix or give advice on.

2. just live with some drops in FPS at the start of your game

3. go back to to the planning stage of your game with the knowledge that your textures are causing frame drops.

Those are about the only options you have…mostly due to our inability to communicate clearly with each other.

My blend file is large 187mb.
I know textures with around 10mb baked with shadows and AO i think causing the problem.I,m travelling go test around 15th march about planes in front of camera

that is too large I think…my blend files for Myrlea have about 10 2048pow2 textures…but those are mostly atlases…so they are reused across many objects…like all of my foliage and rocks…basically all my nature items that are not water or terrain. I have also started to use an atlas for my buildings…due to the strange UV mapping I need to use it does add some verticies, but saves a lot in memory and tex swap…I try to use atlases for everything that will be used often in my game…like trees, weapons and buildings…I’ve even tinkered with using atlases for terrain, but due to mip mapping I get artifacts that I cannot get rid of with fitering…and I do not want to disable mip mapping…UPBGE allows you to adjust the bias, but no solution is perfect.

you should do some research on using texture atlases…it took my file size down considerably.

you should do some research on using texture atlases…it took my file size down considerably.

Do not forget, if you use atlas of 20482048, then all the objects share that pixel space. meaning if you have 4 cube objects they each will be 512512 thus losing a lot of details. Another thing is, if you have 2048*2048 textures, it hold so much details/data and that is actually causing the lag. If he would blur that texture just a tiny bit, he will see that the lag wil be slightly less.

My advice, use less small details(like noise is very heavy) in the texture add a tiny blur to it and blur out the Normal map (heavy blur).
some of the triple A game textures are blurred as well, if you look closely you see it.

So blurring the image while keeping the resolution and compression constant will somehow increase performance?? :confused:

cotaks is correct about sharing that image space…this adds some extra geometry to some of my objects…
e.g. to get longer lengths of tree trunks I need to add a seam and tile it physically…like copy the trunk and move it upwards…this is hard to explain…as I do it in UV editing anyway and not is 3D space…I also scal the UV’s a bit…down 2-4 pixels to fight mip mapping…there are a lot of things to care for using atlases…but for me it is working well…

important to understand we all have different ways to get things done and some are better than others…my idea may not work for you…just sharing what I do. :slight_smile:

I,m back tomorrow will test if this will work for my scene map level.
thanks

I,m selecting images for make test i think have more of 10 big images cause have AO bake render mode with 2048x2048.Total 20 textures images.
One more thing i using blender in C:\ partition and files in another partition E:\ this can cause delay?

Obs: I discover 3 textures with 3000x2208 and anothers with no Quad Values like 512x512 1024x1024 2048x2048.
total 18 textures images with wrong dimensions.

The correction need made starting crrections in dimensions after put the big retangle at front camera i thing

blender have problems with textures not equal 128x128 256x256 512x512 1024x1024…
I had more of 50 textures with wrong size understand now i , m correcting after will made small planes of all textures with more of 1.5mb i think around 15 textures planes im front of camera finally will solve my lags in game at first time execution.
next week i will tell you.Look my .blend file before was with 200mb now with 120mb and i hope tomorrow reduce to 100mb.

In small planes at front camera i just select material to plane then got all textures Aobake shadowbake and difuse? or i need create plane for every texture inside material?

i try planes not work for me
i reduce all textures sizes with gimp and not worked
i think only flying camera can solve but load screen is a plane front of this camera fly?
i can set this camera to 1000 end clipping?

The 2nd Camera Fly animation 500 frames with screen plane parent work perfectly(all textures from main scene loaded).The Hud scene work fine suspend/resume in logic bricks and set camera player active to.
My problem is with mouse shot(using scripts to shoot,reload) and player movments.
If anybody have a idea please help.Solution i hope now soon.
Thanks Cotaks