start stop frame of animated texture

Hi,
I’ve got a short sequence of animated texture that needs to sit still from frame 1 to frame x then play for the duration of the texture clip and then stop and sit still again.

I’ve searched for hours and can’t find anything that says how to turn a strip on and off at arbitary times. Or how to control the frame rate as it plays.

The StartFr field in the “Anima and Movie” window is defined as the start frame of the movie to be used in the animation, not the frame in the animation where the movie will be started. Either way I don’t get a movie playing.

I expect an ipo curve will be involved, but can’t find a “frame” channel in the ipo curves for a material or texture. .

I get this really black surface that is not a real material. I’ve tried a sequence of images and an avi file. They both render black.

If there is a turtorial that shows how to start and stop a short animated texture, I’d really like to see it.

Thanks,
John

I don’t think there is anything like that in Blender.

I would just render out the animation for the texture with the timing that’s required. Render out the animation to single frames (.jpg / png) then bring them into the sequencer. Duplicate the frames that are supposed to stay still.

Mike

Mike,
Thanks. Too bad. Hard to imagine that such a useful thing is missing. This 2 second clip is 1300 frames into the aniamtion so I don’t think I will try it that way. Thanks for the tip though.
John

You just leave the IPO Curves at zero till frame 1300 (drag them to the right).

%<

Fligh,
How do I get an ipo curve for the frames? I don’t see anything in the list of ipo channels that looks like a way to control frames.

Thanks,
John

Sorry, I somehow thought you were talking about procedural textures. Read your first post again and got it this time. I put a file together for you (rather big) with notes inside. The movie is not mine and I can’t remember who to credit so please don’t spread it around.

http://uploader.polorix.net/files/MovOfSet.zip

%<

Fligh,
Hey that is great. So Blender can start and stop a movie. I really appreciate the help.

I got confused by the button pop up definitions. StartFr really does set the starting point in the animation where the movie will be used rather than the starting frame of the movie to be used in the animation.

Anyway, I can do this now and I really am grateful.
John