Starting Organic Modeling (Human Heads)

Hi Littlebob, Showing good progress! I’m late to the conversation, but I’m always willing to critique peoples work. :smiley:

This is a model I’ve been working on, using Alek Wek as inspiration. Certainly it isn’t exactly what your working toward but I think it’s a decent illustration. Think about that edge that runs from the corner of the mouth to above the nostril. It is an important loop for doing facial animation, and I’d try to get rid of that pole you’ve got on it. When relaxed it should be a fairly straight shot, then drawn upward and curved when smiling. I agree with Modron regarding the link he gave, yet notice the red outline is wide because the mouth is wide. The red loop actually runs very near the corner of the mouth, then the blue loop around it goes straight up to alongside the nose.

I do like that you have that loop that goes from the mouth to above the nostril flowing into the flare of the nostril. Even though it isn’t obvious on some faces that is the natural flow.

Also, in your most recent version, I’d rethink the loops you have that come out of the eye sockets and circle under the nose. I don’t see them as really helping to define the shape your trying to achieve.

Keep it up.

Attachments