Starting point to create cyberpunky style illustrations

Hello, I’m very new to blender. But I’m looking to use it to start creating some visuals for my architecture projects. The problem is there is so much that blender can do that I don’t even know where to start. I’m looking to try and recreate visuals similar to EDIII by atelier olschinsky, with the hard shadows coloured light and matt colours. I know some things may need to be done on photoshop, but does anyone have any suggestions?

ok…First off, Learn the basics in Blender…all those Noob Videos on Youtube, I even go back from time to time just to refresh my memory…
Once you know the Basics…
Take your example image…select one element out of it and start modeling…everything in there is either a cube, plane or a cylinder.
Work that one element up in one collection and save it…now start a Blend and start on another element…repeat…
You can save all the Blends in their own directory and once you have them, you can append all of them back into a new full Blend File! Scale, rotate, and duplicate…array modifiers will help a lot on some of the parts!
Since they are all built out of standard primitives they have a UV already so textures will be simple as adding a base color, metallic, and roughness…
Then learn Lighting sun lamps, spot, point, and start placing them into your scene add color to the lamps where you need it…
Above all just have fun…when in doubt…come on back and ask, someone will have ideas.
Happy Blending!

1 Like